Bryan Cranston Excites Social Media That Walter White Might is Still Alive
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | June 3, 2014 10:35 AM EST
"Breaking Bad" Star Bryan Cranston excited fans by hinting that Walter White, the series' lead star, could still be alive. In Breaking Bad's series finale titled "Felina," viewers saw meth kingpin Walter White lying on the floor, embracing his final moments inside a meth lab. As Cranston hinted, the last zoom-out scene of Mr. White fading to "death" may not actually what it seemed to be.
Actor Bryan Cranston, star of AMC's drama television series 'Breaking Bad', arrives for the premiere screening for the show's fourth season in Hollywood
Cranston engaged Ashleigh Banfield of CNN for an interview about the actor's latest movie titled "Godzilla" on Thursday, May 29. But Banfield turned the conversation to Heisenberg's "death scene."
In the interview video, Banfield says that she wasn't sure if Cranston really died, and she adds that his eyes were still open. Banfield adds a theory that what if White was just taken to custody, broke out of prison, and went crazy. Cranston answers, "Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything."
Then Banfield follows up quickly on the questions, asking if Mr. White is dead. The Godzilla star simply answers "I don't know," and later leaves a possible hint, "never say never."
With this latest social buzz from Cranston, a follow-up movie or series might be impossible for the mean time as Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is currently having his hands full with the spinoff series titled "Better Call Saul." Bob Odenkirk, who played as Saul Goodman in the original series will be the main character for the spinoff.
Fans and viewers on social media voiced out their thoughts about Heisenberg's death. Some said that the antihero was certainly dead, and others said they started to hope that he is still alive.
Read below the fans' comments and twitter reactions.
"The ending of Breaking Bad was perfect. Milking it for more money would only diminish it," said rell87, in the comments section of CNN's interview video.
"YES! He's dead. Get over it. When people die their eyes are open. He needed to die. Whether we love WW or not, the ending was the best!" yogamama added in the same thread.
If Walter White isn't really dead, maybe Hank was found by Native Americans who nursed him back to life with herbs https://t.co/oioluvX2VK
— CatherineFitzpatrick (@catfitz) May 30, 2014
Just watched the last episode of Breaking Bad again. I'm pretty sure that Walter White is still alive at the end. — Brad Frahm (@bradfrahm) May 29, 2014
Walter white is still alive I saw him today! pic.twitter.com/pTOOFtGpoR
— Alex Martinez⚽️ (@AlexSuaveee) May 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date