'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' - Get to Know Dwight and Ava's Story
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | June 3, 2014 10:28 AM EST
The Weinstein company has been attracting attention for its upcoming movie titled, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" by releasing a seductive poster of Eva Green as one of its promotional materials. Know the story behind Eva Green's character, and the other characters for Frank Miller's upcoming graphic novel movie adaptation.
Actress Eva Green arrives for the European premiere of Dark Shadows at the Empire, Leicester Square in central London May 9, 2012.
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is a 2014 American crime thriller film sequel to the 2005 film "Sin City." It is the second story in Miller's Sin City series. According to the graphic novel, the story begins with Dwight McCarthy (played by Josh Brolin) meeting Ava Lord (Eva Green) for a special request at Kadie's Club Pescos. Dwight is dubious of Ava's intentions because she dumped him four years ago and married another richer man.
During the meeting, Ava tells Dwight that she wants him back in her life and plans to escape from her husband, Damien Lord (Marton Csokas). Dwight rejects Ava's offer and goes home while Manute (Dennis Haysbert), Damien's bodyguard, takes Ava away. When Dwight arrives home, he finds it hard to sleep, thinking about what Ava told him earlier. He goes out of his house to check up on Ava and Damien's lives.
Upon arriving at the outside borders of the Lords' estate, Dwight uses the magnified lenses of his photography equipment to peep on Ava who is naked and swimming in the pool. Manute catches Dwight and beats him off to the streets.
That night, Dwight returns home and was surprised to see his car parked in front of his house and his front door unlocked. Adding to Dwight's surprise, when he goes to his bedroom, he finds a naked Ava waiting for him. They first argue about past events, and eventually made love.
Shortly, Manute enters Dwight's room and beats and throws him out of the window. Manute takes Ava again and brings her home to Damien.
Dwight asks Marv's help (Mickey Rourke) to storm Damien's estate, determined to rescue Ava. Eventually, Dwight finds his way to Damien's office and kills him. Ava arrives at the scene and explains how Dwight was just a part of her plan so she can inherit Damien's assets. Ava shoots Dwight, and Dwight falls off the window again. Marv picks up Dwight and brings him to Old Town for surgery.
After Dwight receives a life-saving operation, he dons a new face and strikes back at Ava's newly gained estate. Dwight finally learns his lesson from Ava, and aims to exact revenge with her.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Sin City 2 premieres Aug 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James