'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' - Get to Know Dwight and Ava's Story
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | June 3, 2014 10:28 AM EST
The Weinstein company has been attracting attention for its upcoming movie titled, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" by releasing a seductive poster of Eva Green as one of its promotional materials. Know the story behind Eva Green's character, and the other characters for Frank Miller's upcoming graphic novel movie adaptation.
Actress Eva Green arrives for the European premiere of Dark Shadows at the Empire, Leicester Square in central London May 9, 2012.
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is a 2014 American crime thriller film sequel to the 2005 film "Sin City." It is the second story in Miller's Sin City series. According to the graphic novel, the story begins with Dwight McCarthy (played by Josh Brolin) meeting Ava Lord (Eva Green) for a special request at Kadie's Club Pescos. Dwight is dubious of Ava's intentions because she dumped him four years ago and married another richer man.
During the meeting, Ava tells Dwight that she wants him back in her life and plans to escape from her husband, Damien Lord (Marton Csokas). Dwight rejects Ava's offer and goes home while Manute (Dennis Haysbert), Damien's bodyguard, takes Ava away. When Dwight arrives home, he finds it hard to sleep, thinking about what Ava told him earlier. He goes out of his house to check up on Ava and Damien's lives.
Upon arriving at the outside borders of the Lords' estate, Dwight uses the magnified lenses of his photography equipment to peep on Ava who is naked and swimming in the pool. Manute catches Dwight and beats him off to the streets.
That night, Dwight returns home and was surprised to see his car parked in front of his house and his front door unlocked. Adding to Dwight's surprise, when he goes to his bedroom, he finds a naked Ava waiting for him. They first argue about past events, and eventually made love.
Shortly, Manute enters Dwight's room and beats and throws him out of the window. Manute takes Ava again and brings her home to Damien.
Dwight asks Marv's help (Mickey Rourke) to storm Damien's estate, determined to rescue Ava. Eventually, Dwight finds his way to Damien's office and kills him. Ava arrives at the scene and explains how Dwight was just a part of her plan so she can inherit Damien's assets. Ava shoots Dwight, and Dwight falls off the window again. Marv picks up Dwight and brings him to Old Town for surgery.
After Dwight receives a life-saving operation, he dons a new face and strikes back at Ava's newly gained estate. Dwight finally learns his lesson from Ava, and aims to exact revenge with her.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Sin City 2 premieres Aug 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects