'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' - Get to Know Dwight and Ava's Story
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | June 3, 2014 10:28 AM EST
The Weinstein company has been attracting attention for its upcoming movie titled, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" by releasing a seductive poster of Eva Green as one of its promotional materials. Know the story behind Eva Green's character, and the other characters for Frank Miller's upcoming graphic novel movie adaptation.
Actress Eva Green arrives for the European premiere of Dark Shadows at the Empire, Leicester Square in central London May 9, 2012.
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is a 2014 American crime thriller film sequel to the 2005 film "Sin City." It is the second story in Miller's Sin City series. According to the graphic novel, the story begins with Dwight McCarthy (played by Josh Brolin) meeting Ava Lord (Eva Green) for a special request at Kadie's Club Pescos. Dwight is dubious of Ava's intentions because she dumped him four years ago and married another richer man.
During the meeting, Ava tells Dwight that she wants him back in her life and plans to escape from her husband, Damien Lord (Marton Csokas). Dwight rejects Ava's offer and goes home while Manute (Dennis Haysbert), Damien's bodyguard, takes Ava away. When Dwight arrives home, he finds it hard to sleep, thinking about what Ava told him earlier. He goes out of his house to check up on Ava and Damien's lives.
Upon arriving at the outside borders of the Lords' estate, Dwight uses the magnified lenses of his photography equipment to peep on Ava who is naked and swimming in the pool. Manute catches Dwight and beats him off to the streets.
That night, Dwight returns home and was surprised to see his car parked in front of his house and his front door unlocked. Adding to Dwight's surprise, when he goes to his bedroom, he finds a naked Ava waiting for him. They first argue about past events, and eventually made love.
Shortly, Manute enters Dwight's room and beats and throws him out of the window. Manute takes Ava again and brings her home to Damien.
Dwight asks Marv's help (Mickey Rourke) to storm Damien's estate, determined to rescue Ava. Eventually, Dwight finds his way to Damien's office and kills him. Ava arrives at the scene and explains how Dwight was just a part of her plan so she can inherit Damien's assets. Ava shoots Dwight, and Dwight falls off the window again. Marv picks up Dwight and brings him to Old Town for surgery.
After Dwight receives a life-saving operation, he dons a new face and strikes back at Ava's newly gained estate. Dwight finally learns his lesson from Ava, and aims to exact revenge with her.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Sin City 2 premieres Aug 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO