Michael Schumacher’s Uncertain Future and Lack of Official Updates on His Condition Makes Fans of the 7-Time World Champion ‘Anxious’
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 3, 2014 10:18 AM EST
Michael Schumacher's fans are always anxiously waiting for any information that his family or manager will announce to the public. The fact that Schumacher's future remains uncertain, in addition to the lack of consistent official updates about the seven-time world champion's condition, only makes the fans even more stressed out and concerned. To Schumacher's fans, not a single day passes without them mentioning his name or at least saying a little prayer for the coma-stricken racing legend on different social media sites.
Michael Schumacher spent his 150th day comatose today. We continue to wish him the best of luck in his recovery.— Formula 1 Blogger (@BloggerF1) May 28, 2014
When there is Michael Schumacher, there is a hope, there is a way. Believe in Schumi's strength #KeepFightingMichael
Can't believe it's the 150th day that Michael Schumacher has been in a coma so upsetting & thoughts are with his family #KeepFightingMichael— Hannah (@hannah_mellin) May 27, 2014
"Schumi, you can win this race, keep fighting," one fan wrote.
"Can't imagine what Corinne is going through, love and thoughts to her too."
"It's scary to me that they do not give more update on Michael."
"Please give us an update on Michael, it has been too long. Still praying for your recovery Michael. God bless."
Due to the absence of media updates, some fans turn to former Formula One (F1) doctor Gary Hartstein. Even though Dr. Hartstein has no direct information about Schumacher's current condition, only relying on the data that was officially announced before, he shares his thoughts and insights as to what the future likely holds for the German racer.
One fan commented on Dr. Hartstein's latest post: "I must admit I am still completely baffled by the lack of official updates from his communications people and whilst I understand and respect the families need for privacy, I fail to see the harm a statement every few weeks would do. For the millions of fans who pray daily for his recovery and send healing thoughts and energy his way, it does seem like a slap in the face to have no news at all."
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently broke her silence but only to refute the claims made by Spanish news outlet Mundodeportivo.com, which alleged that Schumacher can already "interact" with the surrounding. However, Kehm's statements, as reported by Focus.de, weren't really anything of importance. She only said that the rumour was false and that she never spoke with the Spanish journalists.
"We have issued no official statement on Michael's health," said Kehm.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier