‘Young and the Restless’ MAJOR Casting Spoilers: Michael Muhney ‘Spotted’ at ‘Y&R’ Sets; Reports Suggest MM to Play Adam Newman Again; Fans React
By jaskiran kaur | June 3, 2014 10:07 AM EST
Ever since Michael Muhney departed "The Young and the Restless," fans have been anxious about Adam Newman's return. While CBS has been laying the ground for character's return, fans are hoping to see MM reprising the role. According to the latest update the actor was spotted at sets of "The Young and the Restless." Keep reading to find details.
Michael Muhney was allegedly fired in December 2013 and was last seen on Jan. 30, 2014 episode. Show's producer Jill Farren Phelps let go off him because of Hunter King's accusations of sexual harassment. The controversy leading to firing of the actor transformed into mass protest and several fans boycotted the show.
Meanwhile, fans have only had the glimpse of Adam Newman's hand. The character has been watching over his wife Chelsea. But the latest update suggests that those hands may belong to Michael Muhney, actor who portrayed the iconic character for almost five years.
According to Soap Opera Digest (via Celebrity Dirty Laundry) report, fan-favourite actor was recently "spotted" at the sets of "The Young and the Restless." One can read in the magazine after it comes out on June 9, 2014.
The magazine claims that Michael Muhney visited the sets of "Y&R." However, the report doesn't disclose his purpose of visit.
The "insiders" states that the producers have been looking for Adam Newman replacement and the search has only "intensified" in past few weeks.
"Insiders report that Michael Muhney could be back in the mix to reprise the role. The actor, whose controversial exit last December sent shock waves throughout the community, was reportedly spotted at the Y&R studios," reads the Soap Opera Digest report.
If these updates are to be believed then fans can look forward to see Michael Muhney in CBS' long-running soap opera. But nothing has been officially confirmed.
Ever since this news surfaced on the internet, fans have been excited about the prospects of Michael Muhney returning to "The Young and the Restless." Internet is flooded with fans' reaction. Some of the tweets on Twitter read:
— MMFanAlways (@Cherokeegirl_57) June 1, 2014
@BrendaBeanie @nelliebranco I would be thrilled to see Michael Muhney and Billy Miller return to the #YR ..I think we all would love that. — bretgirl (@DonnaEmbretson) May 29, 2014
Being a Michael Muhney fan to me means you respect his decisions and if he chose to go back to YandR hell ya I'm there! — Tania (@Mommy2JandB) May 29, 2014
Hope to see #MichaelMuhney somewhere soon!
— LALady (@YahDiane) May 27, 2014
This news comes after it was reported that Jill Farren Phelps has not been able to fill the role of Adam Newman.Hollywood Highlight reported that "The Young and the Restless'" producer recently "approached" one of the show's popular and talented artists. The report noted that she has realized that she has made a "massive mistake." While, the report didn't reveal if it was Michael Muhney or Billy Miller who was approached by Jill, many media outlets inferred that she may have presented the offer to the former. What do you think? Share your thoughts about Michael Muhney/Adam Newman return to "The Young and the Restless."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand