Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Sony Xperia Z – Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 3, 2014 9:31 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S4 was released March of 2013. The smartphone reflects only a minimal upgrade over the design features of its predecessor, the Galaxy S3. The Sony Xperia Z, on the other hand, was released in January 2013. This phone is the first in the Xperia Z family of devices. The Xperia Z series of phones pack amazing features and provide incredible user experience.
Readers who are planning to buy one of the aforementioned devices, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display, Design and Exterior
Both Galaxy S4 and Xperia Z come with 5 inches of display and they pack the same 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. Also, there is not much difference in the pixel density of the phones. However, the Sony Xperia Z uses TFT technology, but the Galaxy S4 uses Super AMOLED display technology.
The Galaxy S4 weighs 130 g, while the Sony Xperia Z weighs 146 g. Notably, both the phones share the same thickness of 0.31 inches.
Hardware, Software and Internal Storage
The Galaxy S4 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600) Krait 300 processor, clocked at 1.9 GHz, with 2 GB of RAM. On the other hand, the Sony Xperia Z is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro) Krait processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz, along with the same 2 GB of RAM.
The Galaxy S4 comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of internal storage, while the Sony Xperia Z comes in 16 GB of internal storage. In addition, both the handsets support microSD card slot for expansion. The expansion limit is 32 GB for the Sony handset, whereas the Samsung handset provides a limit of 64 GB.
The Galaxy S4 houses a 2600 mAh battery unit, which provides up to 17 hours of 3G talk-time and 370 hours of 3G stand-by time. The Sony Xperia Z, on the other hand, houses a 2330 mAh battery unit, which provides up to 14 hours of 3G talk-time and 530 hours of 3G stand-by time.
Both the devices sport the same 13 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera. The common camera features include autofocus, geo tagging, digital image stabilization, face and smile detection, digital zoom, panorama and HDR.
Both the Galaxy devices support micro-sim.
The Galaxy S4 comes in black, white, gold, purple, pink, red, and brown colours. Nevertheless, not all the colours are available widely. The Sony Xperia Z comes in black, white, and purple shades.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft