Jennette McCurdy Talks about 'Trouble Friend,' Diss for Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:26 AM EST
After the sudden cancellation of the Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat," a number of fans questioned the reason behind the show's' sudden drop out. A number of reports claim it was due to the feud between co-stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Following months of silence, Jennette finally speaks up via Twitter in a very revealing tweet about a "trouble friend."
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
Hollywood's Hottest Young Celebrity Couples: From Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande
"Sam & Cat" was one of Nickelodeon's famous shows that starred Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Despite the high ratings, the show was cancelled.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Subsequently, reports surfaced on the Web claiming the reason behind the show's' sudden hiatus was the feud between its' lead stars, Jennette and Ariana.
"There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," reports Deadline.
In addition, Jennette's obvious absence from the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards fuelled the rumours further that she was indeed in a fight with Grande.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," tweeted McCurdy (via MStarz).
Now, after months of silence, McCurdy has posted a lengthy tweet about a "trouble friend" and letting go of such on Twitter.
"This article is about knowing when to let go of a bad "friendship." There seem to be a lot of articles floating around the web right now that provide tips for ditching this ambiguous "trouble friend", so I wanted to provide my take on the matter, with a very personal example," states McCury. The full article may be read here.
Given Grande's hit song is entitled "Problem" which is close enough to "trouble," fans speculated that the article was meant for the songstress. Also, the two were involved in alleged feud during the "Sam & Cat" cancellation drama.
"Jennette is really fake and slutty or at least tries to be. she also is a fake lds. But she is talking about Ariana here..the queen of selfishness and fakeness," comments user TbhJenna on Ocean Up's report.
With McCurdy's revealing tweet, how would Grande react?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4