Jennette McCurdy Talks about 'Trouble Friend,' Diss for Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:26 AM EST
After the sudden cancellation of the Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat," a number of fans questioned the reason behind the show's' sudden drop out. A number of reports claim it was due to the feud between co-stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Following months of silence, Jennette finally speaks up via Twitter in a very revealing tweet about a "trouble friend."
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
Hollywood's Hottest Young Celebrity Couples: From Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande
"Sam & Cat" was one of Nickelodeon's famous shows that starred Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Despite the high ratings, the show was cancelled.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Subsequently, reports surfaced on the Web claiming the reason behind the show's' sudden hiatus was the feud between its' lead stars, Jennette and Ariana.
"There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," reports Deadline.
In addition, Jennette's obvious absence from the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards fuelled the rumours further that she was indeed in a fight with Grande.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," tweeted McCurdy (via MStarz).
Now, after months of silence, McCurdy has posted a lengthy tweet about a "trouble friend" and letting go of such on Twitter.
"This article is about knowing when to let go of a bad "friendship." There seem to be a lot of articles floating around the web right now that provide tips for ditching this ambiguous "trouble friend", so I wanted to provide my take on the matter, with a very personal example," states McCury. The full article may be read here.
Given Grande's hit song is entitled "Problem" which is close enough to "trouble," fans speculated that the article was meant for the songstress. Also, the two were involved in alleged feud during the "Sam & Cat" cancellation drama.
"Jennette is really fake and slutty or at least tries to be. she also is a fake lds. But she is talking about Ariana here..the queen of selfishness and fakeness," comments user TbhJenna on Ocean Up's report.
With McCurdy's revealing tweet, how would Grande react?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage