Jennette McCurdy Talks about 'Trouble Friend,' Diss for Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:26 AM EST
After the sudden cancellation of the Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat," a number of fans questioned the reason behind the show's' sudden drop out. A number of reports claim it was due to the feud between co-stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Following months of silence, Jennette finally speaks up via Twitter in a very revealing tweet about a "trouble friend."
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
Hollywood's Hottest Young Celebrity Couples: From Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande
"Sam & Cat" was one of Nickelodeon's famous shows that starred Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Despite the high ratings, the show was cancelled.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Subsequently, reports surfaced on the Web claiming the reason behind the show's' sudden hiatus was the feud between its' lead stars, Jennette and Ariana.
"There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," reports Deadline.
In addition, Jennette's obvious absence from the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards fuelled the rumours further that she was indeed in a fight with Grande.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," tweeted McCurdy (via MStarz).
Now, after months of silence, McCurdy has posted a lengthy tweet about a "trouble friend" and letting go of such on Twitter.
"This article is about knowing when to let go of a bad "friendship." There seem to be a lot of articles floating around the web right now that provide tips for ditching this ambiguous "trouble friend", so I wanted to provide my take on the matter, with a very personal example," states McCury. The full article may be read here.
Given Grande's hit song is entitled "Problem" which is close enough to "trouble," fans speculated that the article was meant for the songstress. Also, the two were involved in alleged feud during the "Sam & Cat" cancellation drama.
"Jennette is really fake and slutty or at least tries to be. she also is a fake lds. But she is talking about Ariana here..the queen of selfishness and fakeness," comments user TbhJenna on Ocean Up's report.
With McCurdy's revealing tweet, how would Grande react?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change