Jennette McCurdy Talks about 'Trouble Friend,' Diss for Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:26 AM EST
After the sudden cancellation of the Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat," a number of fans questioned the reason behind the show's' sudden drop out. A number of reports claim it was due to the feud between co-stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Following months of silence, Jennette finally speaks up via Twitter in a very revealing tweet about a "trouble friend."
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
Hollywood's Hottest Young Celebrity Couples: From Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande
"Sam & Cat" was one of Nickelodeon's famous shows that starred Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Despite the high ratings, the show was cancelled.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Subsequently, reports surfaced on the Web claiming the reason behind the show's' sudden hiatus was the feud between its' lead stars, Jennette and Ariana.
"There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," reports Deadline.
In addition, Jennette's obvious absence from the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards fuelled the rumours further that she was indeed in a fight with Grande.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," tweeted McCurdy (via MStarz).
Now, after months of silence, McCurdy has posted a lengthy tweet about a "trouble friend" and letting go of such on Twitter.
"This article is about knowing when to let go of a bad "friendship." There seem to be a lot of articles floating around the web right now that provide tips for ditching this ambiguous "trouble friend", so I wanted to provide my take on the matter, with a very personal example," states McCury. The full article may be read here.
Given Grande's hit song is entitled "Problem" which is close enough to "trouble," fans speculated that the article was meant for the songstress. Also, the two were involved in alleged feud during the "Sam & Cat" cancellation drama.
"Jennette is really fake and slutty or at least tries to be. she also is a fake lds. But she is talking about Ariana here..the queen of selfishness and fakeness," comments user TbhJenna on Ocean Up's report.
With McCurdy's revealing tweet, how would Grande react?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique