Jennette McCurdy Talks about 'Trouble Friend,' Diss for Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:26 AM EST
After the sudden cancellation of the Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat," a number of fans questioned the reason behind the show's' sudden drop out. A number of reports claim it was due to the feud between co-stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Following months of silence, Jennette finally speaks up via Twitter in a very revealing tweet about a "trouble friend."
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
Hollywood's Hottest Young Celebrity Couples: From Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande
"Sam & Cat" was one of Nickelodeon's famous shows that starred Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy. Despite the high ratings, the show was cancelled.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Subsequently, reports surfaced on the Web claiming the reason behind the show's' sudden hiatus was the feud between its' lead stars, Jennette and Ariana.
"There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," reports Deadline.
In addition, Jennette's obvious absence from the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards fuelled the rumours further that she was indeed in a fight with Grande.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," tweeted McCurdy (via MStarz).
Now, after months of silence, McCurdy has posted a lengthy tweet about a "trouble friend" and letting go of such on Twitter.
"This article is about knowing when to let go of a bad "friendship." There seem to be a lot of articles floating around the web right now that provide tips for ditching this ambiguous "trouble friend", so I wanted to provide my take on the matter, with a very personal example," states McCury. The full article may be read here.
Given Grande's hit song is entitled "Problem" which is close enough to "trouble," fans speculated that the article was meant for the songstress. Also, the two were involved in alleged feud during the "Sam & Cat" cancellation drama.
"Jennette is really fake and slutty or at least tries to be. she also is a fake lds. But she is talking about Ariana here..the queen of selfishness and fakeness," comments user TbhJenna on Ocean Up's report.
With McCurdy's revealing tweet, how would Grande react?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How