Star Wars: Episode 7 Secret Shooting Images Leak from Abu Dhabi Set [Spoiler]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 3, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Secret photos from the sets of "Star Wars: Episode 7" have been leaked. The leaked photos turn out to be major spoilers.
Exclusive images from "Star Wars" sets reveal a giant creature which looks like a swine, only a thousand times bigger. The creature is seen in the wide sandy fields of Abu Dhabi where JJ Abrams had started filming the highly anticipated movie earlier in May. According to TMZ sources, the giant "alien" swine seen in the photos are handled by five men from inside. The creature was a part of a couple of scenes which were apparently shot in a Tatooine marketplace.
Runners pose with a man dressed as a stormtrooper from the Star Wars movies before the Star Wars Run race ahead of Star Wars Day in Buenos Aires May 3, 2014.
The most striking revelation regarding one of the most prestigious film franchises is that the makers will avoid using excessive computer graphics imagery in the movie. Unlike every modern film involving larger than life elements, "Star Wars: Episode 7" will reportedly rely heavily on "practical effects." It may be quite clear from the photos that the giant production involves creation of physical sets more than CGIs.
The movie-makers are going to base their production in line of the previous ones which too depended less on computer graphics and more on "old school" studio principle of building a set. Other photos show giant "space-ships" with actors moving around in alien-like costumes. The monumental sets also give a look of a battlefield with tents and shell-like things lying around.
Meanwhile, The Guardian reported that two more actors had been taken on board. Lupita Nyong'o of "12 Years a Slave" fame and Gwendoline Christie of "Game of Thrones" joined Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford - the original trio of "Star Wars." Lupita, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Patsey in the film, also joined Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Gwendoline has earned a name for portraying Brienne of Tarth on HBO. This will be the first major movie exposure for the actor.
"Star Wars: Episode 7" is scheduled to release on Dec 18, 2015.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money