Star Wars: Episode 7 Secret Shooting Images Leak from Abu Dhabi Set [Spoiler]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 3, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Secret photos from the sets of "Star Wars: Episode 7" have been leaked. The leaked photos turn out to be major spoilers.
Exclusive images from "Star Wars" sets reveal a giant creature which looks like a swine, only a thousand times bigger. The creature is seen in the wide sandy fields of Abu Dhabi where JJ Abrams had started filming the highly anticipated movie earlier in May. According to TMZ sources, the giant "alien" swine seen in the photos are handled by five men from inside. The creature was a part of a couple of scenes which were apparently shot in a Tatooine marketplace.
Runners pose with a man dressed as a stormtrooper from the Star Wars movies before the Star Wars Run race ahead of Star Wars Day in Buenos Aires May 3, 2014.
The most striking revelation regarding one of the most prestigious film franchises is that the makers will avoid using excessive computer graphics imagery in the movie. Unlike every modern film involving larger than life elements, "Star Wars: Episode 7" will reportedly rely heavily on "practical effects." It may be quite clear from the photos that the giant production involves creation of physical sets more than CGIs.
The movie-makers are going to base their production in line of the previous ones which too depended less on computer graphics and more on "old school" studio principle of building a set. Other photos show giant "space-ships" with actors moving around in alien-like costumes. The monumental sets also give a look of a battlefield with tents and shell-like things lying around.
Meanwhile, The Guardian reported that two more actors had been taken on board. Lupita Nyong'o of "12 Years a Slave" fame and Gwendoline Christie of "Game of Thrones" joined Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford - the original trio of "Star Wars." Lupita, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Patsey in the film, also joined Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Gwendoline has earned a name for portraying Brienne of Tarth on HBO. This will be the first major movie exposure for the actor.
"Star Wars: Episode 7" is scheduled to release on Dec 18, 2015.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report