Star Wars: Episode 7 Secret Shooting Images Leak from Abu Dhabi Set [Spoiler]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 3, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Secret photos from the sets of "Star Wars: Episode 7" have been leaked. The leaked photos turn out to be major spoilers.
Exclusive images from "Star Wars" sets reveal a giant creature which looks like a swine, only a thousand times bigger. The creature is seen in the wide sandy fields of Abu Dhabi where JJ Abrams had started filming the highly anticipated movie earlier in May. According to TMZ sources, the giant "alien" swine seen in the photos are handled by five men from inside. The creature was a part of a couple of scenes which were apparently shot in a Tatooine marketplace.
Runners pose with a man dressed as a stormtrooper from the Star Wars movies before the Star Wars Run race ahead of Star Wars Day in Buenos Aires May 3, 2014.
The most striking revelation regarding one of the most prestigious film franchises is that the makers will avoid using excessive computer graphics imagery in the movie. Unlike every modern film involving larger than life elements, "Star Wars: Episode 7" will reportedly rely heavily on "practical effects." It may be quite clear from the photos that the giant production involves creation of physical sets more than CGIs.
The movie-makers are going to base their production in line of the previous ones which too depended less on computer graphics and more on "old school" studio principle of building a set. Other photos show giant "space-ships" with actors moving around in alien-like costumes. The monumental sets also give a look of a battlefield with tents and shell-like things lying around.
Meanwhile, The Guardian reported that two more actors had been taken on board. Lupita Nyong'o of "12 Years a Slave" fame and Gwendoline Christie of "Game of Thrones" joined Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford - the original trio of "Star Wars." Lupita, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Patsey in the film, also joined Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Gwendoline has earned a name for portraying Brienne of Tarth on HBO. This will be the first major movie exposure for the actor.
"Star Wars: Episode 7" is scheduled to release on Dec 18, 2015.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy