Star Wars: Episode 7 Secret Shooting Images Leak from Abu Dhabi Set [Spoiler]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 3, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Secret photos from the sets of "Star Wars: Episode 7" have been leaked. The leaked photos turn out to be major spoilers.
Exclusive images from "Star Wars" sets reveal a giant creature which looks like a swine, only a thousand times bigger. The creature is seen in the wide sandy fields of Abu Dhabi where JJ Abrams had started filming the highly anticipated movie earlier in May. According to TMZ sources, the giant "alien" swine seen in the photos are handled by five men from inside. The creature was a part of a couple of scenes which were apparently shot in a Tatooine marketplace.
Runners pose with a man dressed as a stormtrooper from the Star Wars movies before the Star Wars Run race ahead of Star Wars Day in Buenos Aires May 3, 2014.
The most striking revelation regarding one of the most prestigious film franchises is that the makers will avoid using excessive computer graphics imagery in the movie. Unlike every modern film involving larger than life elements, "Star Wars: Episode 7" will reportedly rely heavily on "practical effects." It may be quite clear from the photos that the giant production involves creation of physical sets more than CGIs.
The movie-makers are going to base their production in line of the previous ones which too depended less on computer graphics and more on "old school" studio principle of building a set. Other photos show giant "space-ships" with actors moving around in alien-like costumes. The monumental sets also give a look of a battlefield with tents and shell-like things lying around.
Meanwhile, The Guardian reported that two more actors had been taken on board. Lupita Nyong'o of "12 Years a Slave" fame and Gwendoline Christie of "Game of Thrones" joined Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford - the original trio of "Star Wars." Lupita, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Patsey in the film, also joined Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Gwendoline has earned a name for portraying Brienne of Tarth on HBO. This will be the first major movie exposure for the actor.
"Star Wars: Episode 7" is scheduled to release on Dec 18, 2015.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS