Simon Cowell Speaks Up after One Direction Joint Fiasco: 'I hope the fans stay loyal'
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Following the One Direction "joint" video fiasco, the boys' boss Simon Cowell finally speaks up. Rather than address the criticisms like Liam Payne did on Twitter, Cowell focused on the boys. In addition, Cowell has a few words for the fans of One Direction.
Producer Simon Cowell poses with the Founders Award at the 38th International Emmy Awards in New York City November 22, 2010. "American Idol" judge Cowell received the award for having "reshaped 21st century television and music around the world," the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Thursday.
The boys of the British boy band, One Direction are under fire following the video of Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson smoking weed went viral on the Web. Even after the boys' apologies, a number of articles slamming the boys continued to surface on the web.
Having received too much of the hate and criticisms, Liam Payne had sent a series of tweets about the incident.
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this just know that we love you guys for it and it means the world
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) May 31, 2014
Hopefully we stand the test of time an get it right in the end I don't take this for granted and im extremely grateful to be here doing this
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) June 1, 2014
Thankfully, the boys not only have the support of their "Directioners" but also that of their big boss, Simon Cowell. Rather than criticize the boys for their actions, Cowell had nothing but praises for Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan.
"I've worked with a lot of artists who do lose the plot and do lose respect for their fans and forget who took them there, but they've never done that. They really do love their fans. They've been a joy to work with," stated Cowell (via Mirror), adding, "They are the hardest working boys I've ever worked with. They haven't changed. They're great British exports."
As for what advice Cowell had given the boys following the "weed fiasco," the "X-Factor" judge kept private details to himself.
"It's a private matter I don't want to go into," stated Cowell. In addition, Cowell has a few words for "Directioners."
"I hope the fans stay loyal," said Simon. Luckily, Cowell has nothing to worry about if it involves the loyal bunch of "Directioners."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border