Simon Cowell Speaks Up after One Direction Joint Fiasco: 'I hope the fans stay loyal'
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Following the One Direction "joint" video fiasco, the boys' boss Simon Cowell finally speaks up. Rather than address the criticisms like Liam Payne did on Twitter, Cowell focused on the boys. In addition, Cowell has a few words for the fans of One Direction.
Producer Simon Cowell poses with the Founders Award at the 38th International Emmy Awards in New York City November 22, 2010. "American Idol" judge Cowell received the award for having "reshaped 21st century television and music around the world," the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Thursday.
The boys of the British boy band, One Direction are under fire following the video of Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson smoking weed went viral on the Web. Even after the boys' apologies, a number of articles slamming the boys continued to surface on the web.
Having received too much of the hate and criticisms, Liam Payne had sent a series of tweets about the incident.
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this just know that we love you guys for it and it means the world
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) May 31, 2014
Hopefully we stand the test of time an get it right in the end I don't take this for granted and im extremely grateful to be here doing this
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) June 1, 2014
Thankfully, the boys not only have the support of their "Directioners" but also that of their big boss, Simon Cowell. Rather than criticize the boys for their actions, Cowell had nothing but praises for Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan.
"I've worked with a lot of artists who do lose the plot and do lose respect for their fans and forget who took them there, but they've never done that. They really do love their fans. They've been a joy to work with," stated Cowell (via Mirror), adding, "They are the hardest working boys I've ever worked with. They haven't changed. They're great British exports."
As for what advice Cowell had given the boys following the "weed fiasco," the "X-Factor" judge kept private details to himself.
"It's a private matter I don't want to go into," stated Cowell. In addition, Cowell has a few words for "Directioners."
"I hope the fans stay loyal," said Simon. Luckily, Cowell has nothing to worry about if it involves the loyal bunch of "Directioners."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions