Simon Cowell Speaks Up after One Direction Joint Fiasco: 'I hope the fans stay loyal'
By Diadem Pambid | June 3, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Following the One Direction "joint" video fiasco, the boys' boss Simon Cowell finally speaks up. Rather than address the criticisms like Liam Payne did on Twitter, Cowell focused on the boys. In addition, Cowell has a few words for the fans of One Direction.
Producer Simon Cowell poses with the Founders Award at the 38th International Emmy Awards in New York City November 22, 2010. "American Idol" judge Cowell received the award for having "reshaped 21st century television and music around the world," the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Thursday.
The boys of the British boy band, One Direction are under fire following the video of Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson smoking weed went viral on the Web. Even after the boys' apologies, a number of articles slamming the boys continued to surface on the web.
Having received too much of the hate and criticisms, Liam Payne had sent a series of tweets about the incident.
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this just know that we love you guys for it and it means the world
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) May 31, 2014
Hopefully we stand the test of time an get it right in the end I don't take this for granted and im extremely grateful to be here doing this
- Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) June 1, 2014
Thankfully, the boys not only have the support of their "Directioners" but also that of their big boss, Simon Cowell. Rather than criticize the boys for their actions, Cowell had nothing but praises for Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan.
"I've worked with a lot of artists who do lose the plot and do lose respect for their fans and forget who took them there, but they've never done that. They really do love their fans. They've been a joy to work with," stated Cowell (via Mirror), adding, "They are the hardest working boys I've ever worked with. They haven't changed. They're great British exports."
As for what advice Cowell had given the boys following the "weed fiasco," the "X-Factor" judge kept private details to himself.
"It's a private matter I don't want to go into," stated Cowell. In addition, Cowell has a few words for "Directioners."
"I hope the fans stay loyal," said Simon. Luckily, Cowell has nothing to worry about if it involves the loyal bunch of "Directioners."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced