Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Posts in Instagram That ‘God Has Spoken to Him’ & Confirmed the Boxer is King
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 3, 2014 1:42 AM EST
When Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao became a born-again Christian a few year ago and turned his back on extramarital affairs, vices such as gambling and started to proclaim the Gospel, not a few eyebrows went up questioning if he has lost his marbles.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. celebrates his victory over Marcos Maidana of Argentina following their WBC/WBA welterweight unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. Mayweather improved his record to 46-0. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
An Instagram post by Pacquiao's rival for the pound-for-pound king title over the weekend would cause boxing fans probably to ask if the pounding that unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr got from his May 3 bout versus Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana could have affected his brain.
The Bleacher Report cited Money May's Instagram photo taken aboard his yacht (http://instagram.com/p/os6jCwx3cB) which got 123,000 plus likes and almost 6,000 comments . The picture had the following controversial caption: "Yachts, private jets, foreign cars, mansions, unlimited shopping sprees, and I am just getting started! I spoke to God last night and I asked: 'Is there a problem with how this lavish KING is living down here on earth?' And God said: 'NO it was already predestined.'"
Commenting on the caption at Michael Woods's story on the same in The Sweet Science, reader Radam G pointed out it "was probably concussed by Maidana's head butt that opened up the cut over the money man's left eye."
Radam G added, "It could have been the fallen angel 'Anmael.' She may be all up in Money May's grill since he dumped Ms. Jackson for aborting that pregnancy of those 'twin boy.'"
Brownsugar found Money May's ramblings "credible," explaining, "Some people have many gods. Depends on which god he was praying to. If it's the one that can be vacuum packed, folded, and is illegal to burn then Floyd is probably giving an honest account of his experience with the 'Almighty.'"
Thegreyman believes too much wealth has caused Mayweather to live in a world of fantasy "completely cut off from reality. " He added it wouldn't be surprising to hear in 10 years that the millions would be gone.
However, at Instagram's comments section, kingpapzz found Money May to be "Very Gay Wrapped in towels like a bi**h!!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar