Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Posts in Instagram That ‘God Has Spoken to Him’ & Confirmed the Boxer is King
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 3, 2014 1:42 AM EST
When Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao became a born-again Christian a few year ago and turned his back on extramarital affairs, vices such as gambling and started to proclaim the Gospel, not a few eyebrows went up questioning if he has lost his marbles.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. celebrates his victory over Marcos Maidana of Argentina following their WBC/WBA welterweight unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. Mayweather improved his record to 46-0. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
An Instagram post by Pacquiao's rival for the pound-for-pound king title over the weekend would cause boxing fans probably to ask if the pounding that unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr got from his May 3 bout versus Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana could have affected his brain.
The Bleacher Report cited Money May's Instagram photo taken aboard his yacht (http://instagram.com/p/os6jCwx3cB) which got 123,000 plus likes and almost 6,000 comments . The picture had the following controversial caption: "Yachts, private jets, foreign cars, mansions, unlimited shopping sprees, and I am just getting started! I spoke to God last night and I asked: 'Is there a problem with how this lavish KING is living down here on earth?' And God said: 'NO it was already predestined.'"
Commenting on the caption at Michael Woods's story on the same in The Sweet Science, reader Radam G pointed out it "was probably concussed by Maidana's head butt that opened up the cut over the money man's left eye."
Radam G added, "It could have been the fallen angel 'Anmael.' She may be all up in Money May's grill since he dumped Ms. Jackson for aborting that pregnancy of those 'twin boy.'"
Brownsugar found Money May's ramblings "credible," explaining, "Some people have many gods. Depends on which god he was praying to. If it's the one that can be vacuum packed, folded, and is illegal to burn then Floyd is probably giving an honest account of his experience with the 'Almighty.'"
Thegreyman believes too much wealth has caused Mayweather to live in a world of fantasy "completely cut off from reality. " He added it wouldn't be surprising to hear in 10 years that the millions would be gone.
However, at Instagram's comments section, kingpapzz found Money May to be "Very Gay Wrapped in towels like a bi**h!!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar