Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Posts in Instagram That ‘God Has Spoken to Him’ & Confirmed the Boxer is King
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 3, 2014 1:42 AM EST
When Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao became a born-again Christian a few year ago and turned his back on extramarital affairs, vices such as gambling and started to proclaim the Gospel, not a few eyebrows went up questioning if he has lost his marbles.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. celebrates his victory over Marcos Maidana of Argentina following their WBC/WBA welterweight unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. Mayweather improved his record to 46-0. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
An Instagram post by Pacquiao's rival for the pound-for-pound king title over the weekend would cause boxing fans probably to ask if the pounding that unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr got from his May 3 bout versus Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana could have affected his brain.
The Bleacher Report cited Money May's Instagram photo taken aboard his yacht (http://instagram.com/p/os6jCwx3cB) which got 123,000 plus likes and almost 6,000 comments . The picture had the following controversial caption: "Yachts, private jets, foreign cars, mansions, unlimited shopping sprees, and I am just getting started! I spoke to God last night and I asked: 'Is there a problem with how this lavish KING is living down here on earth?' And God said: 'NO it was already predestined.'"
Commenting on the caption at Michael Woods's story on the same in The Sweet Science, reader Radam G pointed out it "was probably concussed by Maidana's head butt that opened up the cut over the money man's left eye."
Radam G added, "It could have been the fallen angel 'Anmael.' She may be all up in Money May's grill since he dumped Ms. Jackson for aborting that pregnancy of those 'twin boy.'"
Brownsugar found Money May's ramblings "credible," explaining, "Some people have many gods. Depends on which god he was praying to. If it's the one that can be vacuum packed, folded, and is illegal to burn then Floyd is probably giving an honest account of his experience with the 'Almighty.'"
Thegreyman believes too much wealth has caused Mayweather to live in a world of fantasy "completely cut off from reality. " He added it wouldn't be surprising to hear in 10 years that the millions would be gone.
However, at Instagram's comments section, kingpapzz found Money May to be "Very Gay Wrapped in towels like a bi**h!!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft