Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Defender Dismisses Stamford Bridge Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane dismissed speculations linking him to Chelsea amidst questions about his future at the Bernabeu.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that.” - Raphael Varane
While the 21-year-old was out due to a knee injury from late November of 2013 to mid-January of this year, he was only able to feature 14 times in the La Liga, with Carlo Ancelloti preferring the veteran Pepe in his stead.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is a confessed admirer of the youngster, whose name shot to stardom under the Portuguese's guidance at Madrid.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that," Varane told Telefoot.
"There is a World Cup to prepare for and it is not the right moment to have such questions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy