Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Defender Dismisses Stamford Bridge Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane dismissed speculations linking him to Chelsea amidst questions about his future at the Bernabeu.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that.” - Raphael Varane
While the 21-year-old was out due to a knee injury from late November of 2013 to mid-January of this year, he was only able to feature 14 times in the La Liga, with Carlo Ancelloti preferring the veteran Pepe in his stead.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is a confessed admirer of the youngster, whose name shot to stardom under the Portuguese's guidance at Madrid.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that," Varane told Telefoot.
"There is a World Cup to prepare for and it is not the right moment to have such questions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS