Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Defender Dismisses Stamford Bridge Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane dismissed speculations linking him to Chelsea amidst questions about his future at the Bernabeu.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that.” - Raphael Varane
While the 21-year-old was out due to a knee injury from late November of 2013 to mid-January of this year, he was only able to feature 14 times in the La Liga, with Carlo Ancelloti preferring the veteran Pepe in his stead.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is a confessed admirer of the youngster, whose name shot to stardom under the Portuguese's guidance at Madrid.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that," Varane told Telefoot.
"There is a World Cup to prepare for and it is not the right moment to have such questions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier