Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Defender Dismisses Stamford Bridge Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane dismissed speculations linking him to Chelsea amidst questions about his future at the Bernabeu.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that.” - Raphael Varane
While the 21-year-old was out due to a knee injury from late November of 2013 to mid-January of this year, he was only able to feature 14 times in the La Liga, with Carlo Ancelloti preferring the veteran Pepe in his stead.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is a confessed admirer of the youngster, whose name shot to stardom under the Portuguese's guidance at Madrid.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that," Varane told Telefoot.
"There is a World Cup to prepare for and it is not the right moment to have such questions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown