Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Defender Dismisses Stamford Bridge Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane dismissed speculations linking him to Chelsea amidst questions about his future at the Bernabeu.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that.” - Raphael Varane
While the 21-year-old was out due to a knee injury from late November of 2013 to mid-January of this year, he was only able to feature 14 times in the La Liga, with Carlo Ancelloti preferring the veteran Pepe in his stead.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is a confessed admirer of the youngster, whose name shot to stardom under the Portuguese's guidance at Madrid.
"Will I remain a Real player next term? I am absolutely not focused on that," Varane told Telefoot.
"There is a World Cup to prepare for and it is not the right moment to have such questions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect