Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Hoping for an Opportunity at Stamford Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 2, 2014 10:52 PM EST
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is still hoping that Blues boss Jose Mourinho will give him an opportunity next season at Stamford Bridge, as his contract enters its final two years.
“You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach.” - Romelu Lukaku
The Belgian international has yet to be given a fair chance to show his worth donning the west London club's blue uniform since joining the latter in 2011, in spite of successful loan spells at West Brom and Everton.
He knows that his performance at the World Cup in June will be crucial in determining his future, and the 21-year-old is focused on his immediate goal.
"It would be nice to get clarity beforehand, but that will not happen, so I'm completely focused on the World Cup," Lukaku told Het Nieuwsblad.
"You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach."
"I have been working hard on my game over the past few months and everything seems to be coming out now."
"I have a good feeling about this competition."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced