Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Hoping for an Opportunity at Stamford Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 2, 2014 10:52 PM EST
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is still hoping that Blues boss Jose Mourinho will give him an opportunity next season at Stamford Bridge, as his contract enters its final two years.
“You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach.” - Romelu Lukaku
The Belgian international has yet to be given a fair chance to show his worth donning the west London club's blue uniform since joining the latter in 2011, in spite of successful loan spells at West Brom and Everton.
He knows that his performance at the World Cup in June will be crucial in determining his future, and the 21-year-old is focused on his immediate goal.
"It would be nice to get clarity beforehand, but that will not happen, so I'm completely focused on the World Cup," Lukaku told Het Nieuwsblad.
"You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach."
"I have been working hard on my game over the past few months and everything seems to be coming out now."
"I have a good feeling about this competition."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage