Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds on the Verge of Signing Sevilla Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 2, 2014 10:16 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be on their way to signing Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno in the next twenty-four hours.
The Spanish international, who came through the ranks at the Andalusia-based outfit, managed to make a total of 43 appearances in the 2013/14 season, contributing 3 goals and 2 assists.
Liverpool are reported to sign Sevilla's Alberto Moreno in the next twenty-four hours
His fine display helped the La Liga side clinch the UEFA Europa League title, while securing a fifth-place finish in Spain's top-flight to re-qualify for Europe.
The only disappointment that he has to deal with is his non-inclusion in Vicente del Bosque's national squad that will compete in the World Cup in June, but the Reds hierarchy are not daunted because they see him as a long-term solution to the right-back position, with first-choice Jose Enrique struggling with injuries.
The 21-year-old has a suggested price-tag of £9million, but the Merseyside club will try to lure the Rojiblancos with an £18million bid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display