Brad Pitt Dishes Out Trade Secrets of Making Award Winning Wine, Says It's Similar to Making a Movie
By nidhi tewari | June 2, 2014 8:11 PM EST
Brad Pitt is not only a successful Hollywood actor but also an entrepreneur in wine industry. The Hollywood hunk has been awarded for his wine-making skills in 2012 when the wine from his Miraval Estate winery in Provence of France was ranked the "best Rosé" in the world.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
In a recent interview with Wine Spectator, the actor revealed how he first learned the process of not only wine making but also grape farming first. The actor not only invested $58 million dollars into the purchase of vineyards with his wife Angelina Jolie but also went into the depths of making the finest wine in the world. And the approach that the "Oceans Eleven" actor has is remarkable.
"For better or worse, given my compulsive nature, if we are going to be in the wine business, let's make the best wine we can. I asked the question, "Why can't we make world-class wine in Provence?" the actor revealed in his interview, according to celebrity blogged Perez Hilton.
Brad revealed to the magazine that he equates the wine making process to the process of making a good film. "Let's approach it like a film, and let's make something we can be proud of and people can enjoy," the actor revealed, according to Perezhilton.com.
Brad is so involved in the process of wine making that he calls himself a "farmer" with complete knowledge of "the land and which field is most suitable for which grape."
The actor also revealed that he is aware about the "drama of September and October: Are we picking today? Where are the sugar levels? How is the acidity? Is it going to rain? It's been a schooling for me. In the off months, I enjoy cleaning the forest and walking the land."
Wine making not only gives the actor some real good money but he also revealed that he got a chance to find peace in farm life, which is way different than the fast and competitive life of Hollywood. He loves the tranquility and peace of a farm.
"It's very peaceful and the antithesis of the drive, the want, the need to get ahead indicative of life in Hollywood. I'm instantly reminded what quiet sounds like," Pitt revealed to the magazine, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft