Brad Pitt Dishes Out Trade Secrets of Making Award Winning Wine, Says It's Similar to Making a Movie
By nidhi tewari | June 2, 2014 8:11 PM EST
Brad Pitt is not only a successful Hollywood actor but also an entrepreneur in wine industry. The Hollywood hunk has been awarded for his wine-making skills in 2012 when the wine from his Miraval Estate winery in Provence of France was ranked the "best Rosé" in the world.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
In a recent interview with Wine Spectator, the actor revealed how he first learned the process of not only wine making but also grape farming first. The actor not only invested $58 million dollars into the purchase of vineyards with his wife Angelina Jolie but also went into the depths of making the finest wine in the world. And the approach that the "Oceans Eleven" actor has is remarkable.
"For better or worse, given my compulsive nature, if we are going to be in the wine business, let's make the best wine we can. I asked the question, "Why can't we make world-class wine in Provence?" the actor revealed in his interview, according to celebrity blogged Perez Hilton.
Brad revealed to the magazine that he equates the wine making process to the process of making a good film. "Let's approach it like a film, and let's make something we can be proud of and people can enjoy," the actor revealed, according to Perezhilton.com.
Brad is so involved in the process of wine making that he calls himself a "farmer" with complete knowledge of "the land and which field is most suitable for which grape."
The actor also revealed that he is aware about the "drama of September and October: Are we picking today? Where are the sugar levels? How is the acidity? Is it going to rain? It's been a schooling for me. In the off months, I enjoy cleaning the forest and walking the land."
Wine making not only gives the actor some real good money but he also revealed that he got a chance to find peace in farm life, which is way different than the fast and competitive life of Hollywood. He loves the tranquility and peace of a farm.
"It's very peaceful and the antithesis of the drive, the want, the need to get ahead indicative of life in Hollywood. I'm instantly reminded what quiet sounds like," Pitt revealed to the magazine, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues