2014 World Cup Update, Betting Odds: Honda Believes Underdog Japan Can Win It All in Brazil
By James Patrick Quizon | June 2, 2014 7:08 PM EST
Will Brazil, Argentina or Germany win the 2014 World Cup? Nope says Japanese star and leader Keisuke Honda, who is not only positive about his country’s performance in the greatest tournament on earth but also is a believer that Japan can with it all in Brazil
Japan's national soccer team's Keisuke Honda works out during a training session in Clearwater, Florida June 1, 2014, in preparation for the 2014 World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil.
"I am very eager to surprise the world so we just (have to) believe in our style and ourselves. We will see at the World Cup," declared Honda in a Reuters report early Monday.
"At this moment, we just need to progress. I don't want to look back (over the last four years). I think the most important thing is how we spend time over the next two weeks, how we make a good atmosphere," added the 27-year old player from AC Milan.
The Alberto Zaccheroni-led squad is currently training in Florida, U.S.A and is currently pegged at 126.00 in most online sportsbooks to hoist the most important trophy in soccer.
For those new to sportsbetting this means that every $100 bet on Japan wins $12,600 if indeed Honda is proven right. The simple formula is: X (Amount of Bet) x Betting Odds = Payout
Here are the top ten countries favoured to win it all in Brazil?
Japan belongs to Group C battling the Ivory Coast on June 14; Greece on June 19 and Colombia on June 24.
Honda’s mindset is obviously the way to go since there’s no point in competing with a losing mentality. Will the positive attitude rub off on his teammates? Can Japan beat the odds in Brazil?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS