2014 World Cup Update, Betting Odds: Honda Believes Underdog Japan Can Win It All in Brazil
By James Patrick Quizon | June 2, 2014 7:08 PM EST
Will Brazil, Argentina or Germany win the 2014 World Cup? Nope says Japanese star and leader Keisuke Honda, who is not only positive about his country’s performance in the greatest tournament on earth but also is a believer that Japan can with it all in Brazil
Japan's national soccer team's Keisuke Honda works out during a training session in Clearwater, Florida June 1, 2014, in preparation for the 2014 World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil.
"I am very eager to surprise the world so we just (have to) believe in our style and ourselves. We will see at the World Cup," declared Honda in a Reuters report early Monday.
"At this moment, we just need to progress. I don't want to look back (over the last four years). I think the most important thing is how we spend time over the next two weeks, how we make a good atmosphere," added the 27-year old player from AC Milan.
The Alberto Zaccheroni-led squad is currently training in Florida, U.S.A and is currently pegged at 126.00 in most online sportsbooks to hoist the most important trophy in soccer.
For those new to sportsbetting this means that every $100 bet on Japan wins $12,600 if indeed Honda is proven right. The simple formula is: X (Amount of Bet) x Betting Odds = Payout
Here are the top ten countries favoured to win it all in Brazil?
Japan belongs to Group C battling the Ivory Coast on June 14; Greece on June 19 and Colombia on June 24.
Honda’s mindset is obviously the way to go since there’s no point in competing with a losing mentality. Will the positive attitude rub off on his teammates? Can Japan beat the odds in Brazil?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery