2014 World Cup Update, Betting Odds: Honda Believes Underdog Japan Can Win It All in Brazil
By James Patrick Quizon | June 2, 2014 7:08 PM EST
Will Brazil, Argentina or Germany win the 2014 World Cup? Nope says Japanese star and leader Keisuke Honda, who is not only positive about his country’s performance in the greatest tournament on earth but also is a believer that Japan can with it all in Brazil
Japan's national soccer team's Keisuke Honda works out during a training session in Clearwater, Florida June 1, 2014, in preparation for the 2014 World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil.
"I am very eager to surprise the world so we just (have to) believe in our style and ourselves. We will see at the World Cup," declared Honda in a Reuters report early Monday.
"At this moment, we just need to progress. I don't want to look back (over the last four years). I think the most important thing is how we spend time over the next two weeks, how we make a good atmosphere," added the 27-year old player from AC Milan.
The Alberto Zaccheroni-led squad is currently training in Florida, U.S.A and is currently pegged at 126.00 in most online sportsbooks to hoist the most important trophy in soccer.
For those new to sportsbetting this means that every $100 bet on Japan wins $12,600 if indeed Honda is proven right. The simple formula is: X (Amount of Bet) x Betting Odds = Payout
Here are the top ten countries favoured to win it all in Brazil?
Japan belongs to Group C battling the Ivory Coast on June 14; Greece on June 19 and Colombia on June 24.
Honda’s mindset is obviously the way to go since there’s no point in competing with a losing mentality. Will the positive attitude rub off on his teammates? Can Japan beat the odds in Brazil?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar