2014 World Cup Update, Betting Odds: Honda Believes Underdog Japan Can Win It All in Brazil
By James Patrick Quizon | June 2, 2014 7:08 PM EST
Will Brazil, Argentina or Germany win the 2014 World Cup? Nope says Japanese star and leader Keisuke Honda, who is not only positive about his country’s performance in the greatest tournament on earth but also is a believer that Japan can with it all in Brazil
Japan's national soccer team's Keisuke Honda works out during a training session in Clearwater, Florida June 1, 2014, in preparation for the 2014 World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil.
"I am very eager to surprise the world so we just (have to) believe in our style and ourselves. We will see at the World Cup," declared Honda in a Reuters report early Monday.
"At this moment, we just need to progress. I don't want to look back (over the last four years). I think the most important thing is how we spend time over the next two weeks, how we make a good atmosphere," added the 27-year old player from AC Milan.
The Alberto Zaccheroni-led squad is currently training in Florida, U.S.A and is currently pegged at 126.00 in most online sportsbooks to hoist the most important trophy in soccer.
For those new to sportsbetting this means that every $100 bet on Japan wins $12,600 if indeed Honda is proven right. The simple formula is: X (Amount of Bet) x Betting Odds = Payout
Here are the top ten countries favoured to win it all in Brazil?
Japan belongs to Group C battling the Ivory Coast on June 14; Greece on June 19 and Colombia on June 24.
Honda’s mindset is obviously the way to go since there’s no point in competing with a losing mentality. Will the positive attitude rub off on his teammates? Can Japan beat the odds in Brazil?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid