HP to Release New Chromebook Model And New 14-inch Android Laptop
By Tanya Diente | June 2, 2014 6:11 PM EST
A woman walks past the Hewlett Packard logo at its French headquarters in Issy le Moulineaux, western Paris, in this September 16, 2005 file photograph. Shares of Hewlett-Packard slumped by more than 20 percent to a six-year low on August 19,2011 as investors wiped about $16 billion off the market value of the world's biggest PC maker in a resounding rejection of its plan for a major shake-up.
HP Chromebook 11 was initially available only in black and white with four color accents of the costumer's choice. Currently, CNet reported the new HP Chromebook 11 model now comes in two new colors and features a new design that copies from its bigger sibling, HP Chromebook 14. Its new colors include ocean turquoise and snow white where both are selling for $249 before taxes.
HP Chromebook 11 features a screen measuring 11.6-inch and its LED-backlit display has a resolution of 1366 x 768. It will be powered by Samsung's Exynos 5250 processor with 2 GB memory. It also has a 16 GB internal storage but without any option for expansion.
Google recommends using Google Drive and other storage options for additional space. Two USB 2.0 ports and a single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack are the only ports for HP Chromebook 11.
HP will also be releasing its first ever pure Android laptop, according to The Verge. It will be called HP Slatebook 14 (photo). which will feature a 14-inch screen with full 1080 HD touchscreen display. An HD Web cam also complements the front display.
HP Slatebook 14 makes it one of the biggest portable devices to run on a pure Android operating system. It will be powered by Nvidia Tegra 4 CPU with 2 GB RAM. It has a storage option from 16 GB up to 64 GB. The only color available is black with yellow accents.
HP Slatebook 14 has four Beats-certified speakers to give an amplified audio-listening experience. Android Police confirmed the Android operating system out of the box will be Android 4.3 with Google Play Store access. It has a nine-hour battery usage on a full charge. Its overall design is matte black with yellow accents.
When closed, HP Slatebook 14 measures 16 mm in height and only weighs 3.7 lbs. It has two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port, an HDMI 1.4 port, micro SD card slot and single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack. HP announced the price of Slatebook 14 at $399 before taxes and it will be released in the U.S. on July 20.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet