HP to Release New Chromebook Model And New 14-inch Android Laptop
By Tanya Diente | June 2, 2014 6:11 PM EST
A woman walks past the Hewlett Packard logo at its French headquarters in Issy le Moulineaux, western Paris, in this September 16, 2005 file photograph. Shares of Hewlett-Packard slumped by more than 20 percent to a six-year low on August 19,2011 as investors wiped about $16 billion off the market value of the world's biggest PC maker in a resounding rejection of its plan for a major shake-up.
HP Chromebook 11 was initially available only in black and white with four color accents of the costumer's choice. Currently, CNet reported the new HP Chromebook 11 model now comes in two new colors and features a new design that copies from its bigger sibling, HP Chromebook 14. Its new colors include ocean turquoise and snow white where both are selling for $249 before taxes.
HP Chromebook 11 features a screen measuring 11.6-inch and its LED-backlit display has a resolution of 1366 x 768. It will be powered by Samsung's Exynos 5250 processor with 2 GB memory. It also has a 16 GB internal storage but without any option for expansion.
Google recommends using Google Drive and other storage options for additional space. Two USB 2.0 ports and a single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack are the only ports for HP Chromebook 11.
HP will also be releasing its first ever pure Android laptop, according to The Verge. It will be called HP Slatebook 14 (photo). which will feature a 14-inch screen with full 1080 HD touchscreen display. An HD Web cam also complements the front display.
HP Slatebook 14 makes it one of the biggest portable devices to run on a pure Android operating system. It will be powered by Nvidia Tegra 4 CPU with 2 GB RAM. It has a storage option from 16 GB up to 64 GB. The only color available is black with yellow accents.
HP Slatebook 14 has four Beats-certified speakers to give an amplified audio-listening experience. Android Police confirmed the Android operating system out of the box will be Android 4.3 with Google Play Store access. It has a nine-hour battery usage on a full charge. Its overall design is matte black with yellow accents.
When closed, HP Slatebook 14 measures 16 mm in height and only weighs 3.7 lbs. It has two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port, an HDMI 1.4 port, micro SD card slot and single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack. HP announced the price of Slatebook 14 at $399 before taxes and it will be released in the U.S. on July 20.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family