HP to Release New Chromebook Model And New 14-inch Android Laptop
By Tanya Diente | June 2, 2014 6:11 PM EST
A woman walks past the Hewlett Packard logo at its French headquarters in Issy le Moulineaux, western Paris, in this September 16, 2005 file photograph. Shares of Hewlett-Packard slumped by more than 20 percent to a six-year low on August 19,2011 as investors wiped about $16 billion off the market value of the world's biggest PC maker in a resounding rejection of its plan for a major shake-up.
HP Chromebook 11 was initially available only in black and white with four color accents of the costumer's choice. Currently, CNet reported the new HP Chromebook 11 model now comes in two new colors and features a new design that copies from its bigger sibling, HP Chromebook 14. Its new colors include ocean turquoise and snow white where both are selling for $249 before taxes.
HP Chromebook 11 features a screen measuring 11.6-inch and its LED-backlit display has a resolution of 1366 x 768. It will be powered by Samsung's Exynos 5250 processor with 2 GB memory. It also has a 16 GB internal storage but without any option for expansion.
Google recommends using Google Drive and other storage options for additional space. Two USB 2.0 ports and a single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack are the only ports for HP Chromebook 11.
HP will also be releasing its first ever pure Android laptop, according to The Verge. It will be called HP Slatebook 14 (photo). which will feature a 14-inch screen with full 1080 HD touchscreen display. An HD Web cam also complements the front display.
HP Slatebook 14 makes it one of the biggest portable devices to run on a pure Android operating system. It will be powered by Nvidia Tegra 4 CPU with 2 GB RAM. It has a storage option from 16 GB up to 64 GB. The only color available is black with yellow accents.
HP Slatebook 14 has four Beats-certified speakers to give an amplified audio-listening experience. Android Police confirmed the Android operating system out of the box will be Android 4.3 with Google Play Store access. It has a nine-hour battery usage on a full charge. Its overall design is matte black with yellow accents.
When closed, HP Slatebook 14 measures 16 mm in height and only weighs 3.7 lbs. It has two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port, an HDMI 1.4 port, micro SD card slot and single headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack. HP announced the price of Slatebook 14 at $399 before taxes and it will be released in the U.S. on July 20.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon