Cristiano Ronaldo Has an Extra Bone in His Ankle
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 2, 2014 5:25 PM EST
When Real Madrid won the UEFA Champions League final and Cristiano Ronaldo took off his shirt to celebrate his goal to secure the victory at 4-1, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Ronaldo is an amazing physical specimen. Not many however, are aware that not only is Ronaldo a sight to behold, he actually does have a physical edge that exists in only 10% of the human population: an extra bone in his ankle.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (R) celebrates with team mate Alvaro Morata (L) after scoring a penalty against Atletico Madrid during their Champions League final soccer match at the Luz Stadium in Lisbon May 24, 2014.
The extra bone was discovered in 2009 when Ronaldo went for treatment after suffering an injury in a game against Marseille. This, and many other anecdotes and secrets about the 2013 Ballon d'Or winner is revealed in a new book entitled CR7 - The Secrets of the Machine, written by Luis Miguel Pereira and serialised in The Sun.
Ronaldo has come a long way from being the skinny, curly haired boy from Lisbon who would break into his team's fitness center to have a late night workout. The incident was also one of the interesting anecdotes in the book.
Ronaldo scored a record 17 goals in this year's Champions League season where the final match was played in his home country, Portugal. He was widely expected to shine in the final match but was neutralized by Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid who were weary of what he can do. Late in the game when Real Madrid were already 3-1 up, A misplaced tackle in the box awarded Ronaldo a penalty shot and his 17th goal of the season to the delight of his home fans at the Estadio Do Luz in Lisbon.
Before the final match, Ronaldo has been sidelined for several matches due to a hamstring injury. He missed several La Liga matches including the one where Real Madrid lost 2-0 while away at Celta Vigo effectively handing the League trophy to Atletico Madrid.
Portugal's chances at the upcoming FIFA World Cup will also depend largely on Cristiano Ronaldo's fitness
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar