Cristiano Ronaldo Has an Extra Bone in His Ankle
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 2, 2014 5:25 PM EST
When Real Madrid won the UEFA Champions League final and Cristiano Ronaldo took off his shirt to celebrate his goal to secure the victory at 4-1, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Ronaldo is an amazing physical specimen. Not many however, are aware that not only is Ronaldo a sight to behold, he actually does have a physical edge that exists in only 10% of the human population: an extra bone in his ankle.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (R) celebrates with team mate Alvaro Morata (L) after scoring a penalty against Atletico Madrid during their Champions League final soccer match at the Luz Stadium in Lisbon May 24, 2014.
The extra bone was discovered in 2009 when Ronaldo went for treatment after suffering an injury in a game against Marseille. This, and many other anecdotes and secrets about the 2013 Ballon d'Or winner is revealed in a new book entitled CR7 - The Secrets of the Machine, written by Luis Miguel Pereira and serialised in The Sun.
Ronaldo has come a long way from being the skinny, curly haired boy from Lisbon who would break into his team's fitness center to have a late night workout. The incident was also one of the interesting anecdotes in the book.
Ronaldo scored a record 17 goals in this year's Champions League season where the final match was played in his home country, Portugal. He was widely expected to shine in the final match but was neutralized by Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid who were weary of what he can do. Late in the game when Real Madrid were already 3-1 up, A misplaced tackle in the box awarded Ronaldo a penalty shot and his 17th goal of the season to the delight of his home fans at the Estadio Do Luz in Lisbon.
Before the final match, Ronaldo has been sidelined for several matches due to a hamstring injury. He missed several La Liga matches including the one where Real Madrid lost 2-0 while away at Celta Vigo effectively handing the League trophy to Atletico Madrid.
Portugal's chances at the upcoming FIFA World Cup will also depend largely on Cristiano Ronaldo's fitness
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money