Nicole Kidman Opens Up about Adopted Kids Isabella and Connor, Wants Biological Kids to be Like Them
By nidhi tewari | June 2, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Nicole Kidman has finally opened up about her thoughts on her two adopted kids Isabella and Connor, whom she adopted with ex-husband Tom Cruise. The 46-year-old revealed that she is so impressed with her adopted kids Isabella and Connor that she wants her biological kids to be exactly like them.
Cast member Nicole Kidman poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 14, 2014. The festival will run from May 14 to 25.
In a recent interview with Australia's The Weekly magazine, the "Grace of Monaco" actress was all praises for Isabella who is now 21 and Connor who is 19.
"They are generous, kind and hardworking. And these are traits that I love to see in my children," Kidman revealed to the magazine, according to people.com. Both the kids are living with their father Tom Crusie and are practicing Scientologists just like their dad. According to thestir.cafemom.com, Isabella is an aspiring artist and Connor is a Disc Jockey.
Cruise and Kidman adopted the pair when they married in 1990 but the actors divorced in 2001. Kidman was criticized earlier that she does not spend enough time with her adopted kids and has never been photographed with them ever since 2007.
However, her maternal instincts are really strong and the actress is willing to let go of the limelight to focus on her kids and husband, she revealed. Kidman, who is married to country crooner Keith Urban, has two daughters, Sunday Rose, who is almost 5, and Faith Margaret - who is 2 plus. The family spends good amount of time with each other and have often been photographed together. Kidman has her priorities set right and says she would always choose her family first.
"If it were the choice between my family and Keith, and my career, I wouldn't even bat an eyelid. The most important things to me are the love of our relationship and my children," the actress revealed according to the Web site.
"At this stage of my life, and with time being so precious, the joy I get from us as a family outweighs any joy in any other area of my life, by far," added Kidman.
Nicole Kidman's latest Cannes film "Grace of Monaco" did not receive good reviews at the Film Festival. The movie also stars Tim Roth and was screened at the opening night of the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People