Angelina Jolie Reveals She Has More in Common with Adopted Son Maddox Than Her Other Kids
By Anne Lu | June 2, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Angelina Jolie has six children, but she’ll always be closer to her first child. The “Maleficent” star revealed that she has more in common with her adopted son Maddox than with her other children, including her biological ones.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
The 38-year-old actress adopted Maddox as a single parent when she was still married to Billy Bob Thornton in March 2002. However, their marriage quickly ended three months later, forcing Angelina to raise her son alone.
It wasn’t until three years later in July 2005 that she followed up her adoption with a baby girl from Ethiopia, Zahara. At that time she was already with Brad Pitt, so Brad also adopted both Maddox and Zahara.
In May 2006, Angelina gave birth to her first biological child, Shiloh, who was born in Namibia. Then not even a year later in March 2007, Brangelina – as the media fondly call Brad and Angelina together – adopted a then-three-year-old son Pax from Vietnam.
Finally in July 2008, the Academy Award winner gave birth to twins Knox and Vivienne in France.
With such a large family, Angelina has certainly learned a thing or two about motherhood, including her children’s personalities.
“I think children are exactly who they are when they’re born. And if there is a trauma, it can drastically change who they are,” she was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.
“If you look at baby photos of our kids, the way they were, the way they looked, what their energy was – whether there were a sweet, elegant, private little person, or a funny, open person, or a bold person – they’re still the same.
“There’s so much they are born with. And we believe you just have to encourage the individual and support them, but don’t get in their way too much.”
And when it comes to finding common traits with her children, Angelina said genes don’t matter, adding that she has more in common with her first child, who was adopted, than to her other kids.
“You’d think you’d be more similar to the children you have a genetic link with, but I’m not. Maybe one of them, but then I’m very similar to Maddox,” Angelina confessed.
“So it doesn’t have an impact that some are genetically connected.”
Angie also admitted in a separate interview that the 12-year-old Maddox already has a girlfriend.
“She’s great. I won’t embarrass him. She’s lovely. She lives in England. She’s very cool.”
Angelina’s “Maleficent,” also starring Elle Fanning, took in a massive U$170.6 million at the box office during its opening weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools