SOA Charlie Hunnam, Guillermo del Toro & Zoe Saldana Honored in 2014 Huading Film Awards
By Riza Ornos | June 2, 2014 4:39 PM EST
Currently filming his seventh and final season on "Sons of Anarchy," Charlie Hunnam took a day off from production and joined "Crimson Peak" director Guillermo del Toro in the 2014 Huading Film Awards. Best known as China's No. 1 film awards show, Huading Film Awards took place for the first time in Hollywood with Halle Berry, Jeremy Renner, Hans Zimmer, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Zoe Saldana in attendance.
Held at the Montalban Theater in Los Angeles on June 1, the annual event is the perfect venue for Hollywood stars to directly thank their avid Chinese fans who are supporting their films. Hosted by Chinese TV personality Olivia Xu, alongside "Elementary" star Lucy Liu, the award show honored visionary director Guillermo del Toro with Huading Film Award for Best Global Director.
Best known for his films like "Pacific Rim," "Pans Labyrinth" and "Hellboy," the Mexican filmmaker will receive the award together with "Sons of Anarchy" star for his work in the biker drama series. The British hunk was awarded the Best Global Emerging Actor Award and also stars in del Toro's upcoming thriller movie, the actor and filmmaker's second collaboration.
Hunnam captured the attention of the show's worldwide audiences for his stellar performance as Jax Teller, SAMCRO's president. Created by controversial writer Kurt Sutter, the show is the highest rated biker drama in history of the network.
Multi-talented actor and producer Jeremy Renner was awarded for the Best Global Supporting Actor Award for his outstanding performance in "American Hustle." The Oscar-nominated star is scheduled to star in the high-anticipated "Bourne Legacy" and "Avengers" franchises.
Recognized for her role in "Star Trek Into Darkness," Zoe Saldana was awarded as Best Global Supporting Actress. Now after years of waiting for her to return to Pandora, the actress is slated to reprise her role as Neytiri in James Cameron's epic fantasy film "Avatar," which is filmed in some select locations in China.
Paul Walker's last film, "Fast & Furious 6" was celebrated as the Best Global Movie of the Year based on the popular vote of Chinese film fans. Starring Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson who played as Roman Pearce and Jordana Brewster who played as Mia Toretto received the award on behalf of the producers of the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report