'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Wire' Actress Sonja Sohn Cast as Klaus' Witch Enemy Lenore, Nathaniel Buzolic to Appear as Kol Mikaelson
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 2, 2014 4:14 PM EST
The latest casting reports on "The Originals" Season 2 reveal that an actress has been cast to portray Klaus' new witch enemy named Lenore. Furthermore, a familiar face will be making an appearance to complete the Mikaelson family members.
The exclusive E!News TV Scoop report claims "The Wire" star Sonja Sohn has been cast in a recurring role for the second season of the CW spinoff series "The Originals." The report further revealed that the actress will be introduced in Episode 3 as Lenore, the powerful salt-of-the Earth witch and Orignal hybrid Klaus' (Joseph Morgan) new enemy in New Orleans.
Aside from starring in the acclaimed HBO drama "The Wire" as Detective Shakima "Kima" Greggs, other work credits of actress Sonja Sohn include "Body of Proof" along with Dana Delany and guest appearances on "The Good Wife," "Law & Order: SVU" and "Burn Notice."
Another witch character set to arrive in the French Quareter's coven and perhaps join Lenore in bringing trouble to Klaus Mikaelson is Kaleb. Previous casting reports claimed "Teen Wolf" actor Daniel Sharman is set to portray the charming but devilish new witch.
Witches appear to be Klaus' main enemy in Season 2 especially when his Original witch mother, Esther (Alice Evans), came back from the dead in "The Originals" Season 1 final. The Mikaelson family will somehow be complete in "The Originals" Season 2 as the show brings back Klaus and Elijah's (Daniel Gillies) little brother, Kol Mikaelson.
The TV Line report confirmed that Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic will return in the second season. However, the report noted that the Original brother will only appear in a new flashback.
"Nathaniel Buzolic will reprise the role of Kol Mikaelson in a Season 2 flashback, which is bound to set up even more family drama for the Original vampires," the TV Line report reads. Rumours about Nathaniel Buzolic's return started to swirl online after a press release revealed the actor would attend Barcelona's BloodyNightCon due to the "work commitments" with the CW spinoff series.
"The Originals" Season 2 is set to return in October 2014 with a new airing schedule. The TV series is currently set to air on Monday nights at 8 pm on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Klaus to Meet His New Witch Enemy, Lenore - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown