‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap and Spoilers
By Sachin Trivedi | June 2, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Viewer finally got to see what they were all waiting for - the fight between Oberyn Martell and Gregor Clegane in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8. The fight between The Viper and The Mountain will decide the fate of Tyrion Lannister, who had demanded trial by fire. [Spoiler Alert]
Oberyn Martell, also known as The Viper, got a chance to avenge the rape and murder of his sister. He blamed Gregor Clegane and wanted a confession from him, before killing him. Prince Oberyn was able to give a strong response to the challenge posed by The Mountain, but in the end the outcome was not favourable to Tyrion Lannister.
Oberyn Martell is a champion fighting for Tyrion Lannister, his defeat will mean that Tyrion may get executed. Everyone at Kings Landing wanted to know between The Viper and The Mountain - who will win in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8.
With the death of Oberyn Martell Tyrion Lannister is in a perilous situation, but fans need not worry. Tyrion may still come out of this situation with his head intact. There may be another shocking death fast approaching in the remaining few episodes.
Petyr Baelish, also known as Little finger, had to face some difficult questions about the death of Lysa Arryn. He has always wanted power and a castle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. However, the lords of the Vale may not submit so easily to Petyr Baelish. It was Sansa who came to his rescue. It was her testimony that saved him.
The death of Lysa Arryn has left Arya Stark with no place to call home. She and The Hound reach The Vale, only to hear the news of her aunt's death. With her only relative dead, Arya Stark may now have to learn to fend for herself.
Theon Greyjoy goes to Moat Cailin to offer the terms of surrender to the Ironborn. The last strong castle in the North held by the Ironborn is not manned by a lot of people and there is sickness everywhere The men at Moat Cailin are in no condition to fight.
The Ironborn accept the terms of surrender in the hope of gaining a safe passage from Ramsay. But Ramsay betrayed the Ironborn and flays them. Ramsay Snow will now be known as Ramsay Bolton after his father gives him his family name for his work.
The fate of the Lannisters, especially Tyrion will be decided in the next episode of "Game of Thrones." The excitement is building as there is a war coming to The Wall and Daenerys Targaryen faces new challenges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate