‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap and Spoilers
By Sachin Trivedi | June 2, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Viewer finally got to see what they were all waiting for - the fight between Oberyn Martell and Gregor Clegane in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8. The fight between The Viper and The Mountain will decide the fate of Tyrion Lannister, who had demanded trial by fire. [Spoiler Alert]
Oberyn Martell, also known as The Viper, got a chance to avenge the rape and murder of his sister. He blamed Gregor Clegane and wanted a confession from him, before killing him. Prince Oberyn was able to give a strong response to the challenge posed by The Mountain, but in the end the outcome was not favourable to Tyrion Lannister.
Oberyn Martell is a champion fighting for Tyrion Lannister, his defeat will mean that Tyrion may get executed. Everyone at Kings Landing wanted to know between The Viper and The Mountain - who will win in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8.
With the death of Oberyn Martell Tyrion Lannister is in a perilous situation, but fans need not worry. Tyrion may still come out of this situation with his head intact. There may be another shocking death fast approaching in the remaining few episodes.
Petyr Baelish, also known as Little finger, had to face some difficult questions about the death of Lysa Arryn. He has always wanted power and a castle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. However, the lords of the Vale may not submit so easily to Petyr Baelish. It was Sansa who came to his rescue. It was her testimony that saved him.
The death of Lysa Arryn has left Arya Stark with no place to call home. She and The Hound reach The Vale, only to hear the news of her aunt's death. With her only relative dead, Arya Stark may now have to learn to fend for herself.
Theon Greyjoy goes to Moat Cailin to offer the terms of surrender to the Ironborn. The last strong castle in the North held by the Ironborn is not manned by a lot of people and there is sickness everywhere The men at Moat Cailin are in no condition to fight.
The Ironborn accept the terms of surrender in the hope of gaining a safe passage from Ramsay. But Ramsay betrayed the Ironborn and flays them. Ramsay Snow will now be known as Ramsay Bolton after his father gives him his family name for his work.
The fate of the Lannisters, especially Tyrion will be decided in the next episode of "Game of Thrones." The excitement is building as there is a war coming to The Wall and Daenerys Targaryen faces new challenges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports