‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap and Spoilers
By Sachin Trivedi | June 2, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Viewer finally got to see what they were all waiting for - the fight between Oberyn Martell and Gregor Clegane in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8. The fight between The Viper and The Mountain will decide the fate of Tyrion Lannister, who had demanded trial by fire. [Spoiler Alert]
Oberyn Martell, also known as The Viper, got a chance to avenge the rape and murder of his sister. He blamed Gregor Clegane and wanted a confession from him, before killing him. Prince Oberyn was able to give a strong response to the challenge posed by The Mountain, but in the end the outcome was not favourable to Tyrion Lannister.
Oberyn Martell is a champion fighting for Tyrion Lannister, his defeat will mean that Tyrion may get executed. Everyone at Kings Landing wanted to know between The Viper and The Mountain - who will win in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 8.
With the death of Oberyn Martell Tyrion Lannister is in a perilous situation, but fans need not worry. Tyrion may still come out of this situation with his head intact. There may be another shocking death fast approaching in the remaining few episodes.
Petyr Baelish, also known as Little finger, had to face some difficult questions about the death of Lysa Arryn. He has always wanted power and a castle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. However, the lords of the Vale may not submit so easily to Petyr Baelish. It was Sansa who came to his rescue. It was her testimony that saved him.
The death of Lysa Arryn has left Arya Stark with no place to call home. She and The Hound reach The Vale, only to hear the news of her aunt's death. With her only relative dead, Arya Stark may now have to learn to fend for herself.
Theon Greyjoy goes to Moat Cailin to offer the terms of surrender to the Ironborn. The last strong castle in the North held by the Ironborn is not manned by a lot of people and there is sickness everywhere The men at Moat Cailin are in no condition to fight.
The Ironborn accept the terms of surrender in the hope of gaining a safe passage from Ramsay. But Ramsay betrayed the Ironborn and flays them. Ramsay Snow will now be known as Ramsay Bolton after his father gives him his family name for his work.
The fate of the Lannisters, especially Tyrion will be decided in the next episode of "Game of Thrones." The excitement is building as there is a war coming to The Wall and Daenerys Targaryen faces new challenges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu