Tennessee Bride Shona Carter-Brooks Puts Her Baby on Wedding Dress, 'Drags' Her While Walking on Aisle
By Reissa Su | June 2, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Tennessee woman Shona Carter-Brooks has come under fire for putting her newborn baby on the train of her wedding dress and dragged little Aubrey while she walked down the aisle. Carter-Brooks defended her action and said in a Facebook post that the four-week old baby was safe because she was "covered by Christ." She added that her baby was "awake and well-secured" the entire time she was being dragged.
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
According to reports, one of the bride's friends in Facebook was teary-eyed at the "moment." Pamela Stone wrote and addressed Shona and Jonathan Brooks to say their wedding brought tears to her eyes. She loved the wedding and thanked the couple for inviting her.
However, commenters were outraged to see the picture of the baby on the train of her mother's wedding dress and demanded she be reported to child protection services. Others said that what Cater-Brooks did was child abuse.
Carter-Brooks posted on Facebook that her wedding dress was by Vera Wang and was bought in David's Bridal. She said the dress was customised to fit the baby. Her wedding dress was believed to have been bought for around $400 to $1,400.
Carter-Brooks told the people on Facebook who had "something negative" to say about what happened that they do what they want "as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine."
She concluded her Facebook post that it was just that "exclusive and epic enough we made to blog" even if they were from a small town in Ripley, Tennessee.
Various social media reactions went from "classless", "incredibly dangerous" and "sick." Some commenters said the baby could have suffered from "carpet burn" from being dragged on the floor of Elam Baptist Church.
One woman said on Facebook that she would have gotten up and took the baby from the floor if she was there.
The Daily Mail said Carter-Brooks has another daughter named Jania, aside from newborn baby Aubrey. Her husband works as a forklift driver in Tennessee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Video of Slain Syrian Soldiers Raises Doubts; Syrian Gov't Demands Release of Captured Troops
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- 7-Year Old Buried Alive By 'Family' Crawls Out From Under The Ground
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble