Tennessee Bride Shona Carter-Brooks Puts Her Baby on Wedding Dress, 'Drags' Her While Walking on Aisle
By Reissa Su | June 2, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Tennessee woman Shona Carter-Brooks has come under fire for putting her newborn baby on the train of her wedding dress and dragged little Aubrey while she walked down the aisle. Carter-Brooks defended her action and said in a Facebook post that the four-week old baby was safe because she was "covered by Christ." She added that her baby was "awake and well-secured" the entire time she was being dragged.
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
According to reports, one of the bride's friends in Facebook was teary-eyed at the "moment." Pamela Stone wrote and addressed Shona and Jonathan Brooks to say their wedding brought tears to her eyes. She loved the wedding and thanked the couple for inviting her.
However, commenters were outraged to see the picture of the baby on the train of her mother's wedding dress and demanded she be reported to child protection services. Others said that what Cater-Brooks did was child abuse.
Carter-Brooks posted on Facebook that her wedding dress was by Vera Wang and was bought in David's Bridal. She said the dress was customised to fit the baby. Her wedding dress was believed to have been bought for around $400 to $1,400.
Carter-Brooks told the people on Facebook who had "something negative" to say about what happened that they do what they want "as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine."
She concluded her Facebook post that it was just that "exclusive and epic enough we made to blog" even if they were from a small town in Ripley, Tennessee.
Various social media reactions went from "classless", "incredibly dangerous" and "sick." Some commenters said the baby could have suffered from "carpet burn" from being dragged on the floor of Elam Baptist Church.
One woman said on Facebook that she would have gotten up and took the baby from the floor if she was there.
The Daily Mail said Carter-Brooks has another daughter named Jania, aside from newborn baby Aubrey. Her husband works as a forklift driver in Tennessee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage