Tennessee Bride Shona Carter-Brooks Puts Her Baby on Wedding Dress, 'Drags' Her While Walking on Aisle
By Reissa Su | June 2, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Tennessee woman Shona Carter-Brooks has come under fire for putting her newborn baby on the train of her wedding dress and dragged little Aubrey while she walked down the aisle. Carter-Brooks defended her action and said in a Facebook post that the four-week old baby was safe because she was "covered by Christ." She added that her baby was "awake and well-secured" the entire time she was being dragged.
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
According to reports, one of the bride's friends in Facebook was teary-eyed at the "moment." Pamela Stone wrote and addressed Shona and Jonathan Brooks to say their wedding brought tears to her eyes. She loved the wedding and thanked the couple for inviting her.
However, commenters were outraged to see the picture of the baby on the train of her mother's wedding dress and demanded she be reported to child protection services. Others said that what Cater-Brooks did was child abuse.
Carter-Brooks posted on Facebook that her wedding dress was by Vera Wang and was bought in David's Bridal. She said the dress was customised to fit the baby. Her wedding dress was believed to have been bought for around $400 to $1,400.
Carter-Brooks told the people on Facebook who had "something negative" to say about what happened that they do what they want "as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine."
She concluded her Facebook post that it was just that "exclusive and epic enough we made to blog" even if they were from a small town in Ripley, Tennessee.
Various social media reactions went from "classless", "incredibly dangerous" and "sick." Some commenters said the baby could have suffered from "carpet burn" from being dragged on the floor of Elam Baptist Church.
One woman said on Facebook that she would have gotten up and took the baby from the floor if she was there.
The Daily Mail said Carter-Brooks has another daughter named Jania, aside from newborn baby Aubrey. Her husband works as a forklift driver in Tennessee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best