Tennessee Bride Shona Carter-Brooks Puts Her Baby on Wedding Dress, 'Drags' Her While Walking on Aisle
By Reissa Su | June 2, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Tennessee woman Shona Carter-Brooks has come under fire for putting her newborn baby on the train of her wedding dress and dragged little Aubrey while she walked down the aisle. Carter-Brooks defended her action and said in a Facebook post that the four-week old baby was safe because she was "covered by Christ." She added that her baby was "awake and well-secured" the entire time she was being dragged.
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
According to reports, one of the bride's friends in Facebook was teary-eyed at the "moment." Pamela Stone wrote and addressed Shona and Jonathan Brooks to say their wedding brought tears to her eyes. She loved the wedding and thanked the couple for inviting her.
However, commenters were outraged to see the picture of the baby on the train of her mother's wedding dress and demanded she be reported to child protection services. Others said that what Cater-Brooks did was child abuse.
Carter-Brooks posted on Facebook that her wedding dress was by Vera Wang and was bought in David's Bridal. She said the dress was customised to fit the baby. Her wedding dress was believed to have been bought for around $400 to $1,400.
Carter-Brooks told the people on Facebook who had "something negative" to say about what happened that they do what they want "as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine."
She concluded her Facebook post that it was just that "exclusive and epic enough we made to blog" even if they were from a small town in Ripley, Tennessee.
Various social media reactions went from "classless", "incredibly dangerous" and "sick." Some commenters said the baby could have suffered from "carpet burn" from being dragged on the floor of Elam Baptist Church.
One woman said on Facebook that she would have gotten up and took the baby from the floor if she was there.
The Daily Mail said Carter-Brooks has another daughter named Jania, aside from newborn baby Aubrey. Her husband works as a forklift driver in Tennessee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Acquiring Nuclear Weapons A Game-Changer For Obama As UN Warns of Militants' Two-Year Supply of Weapons
- Viral Video Wife Rapping Salt-N-Pepa Song: Husband's Video Recording Of Wife Rapping 'None Of Your Business' Goes Viral
- Australia's Chance Of El Niño Rises To 70%; Heatwaves And Drought To Persist
- ‘World's Sexiest Criminal’ Says Sorry, Agrees to ‘Face Consequences’
- Woman Gets Killed After Falling Off Cliff During Expedition Near Mermaid Pool
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots