Hottest WAGs of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 2, 2014 3:11 PM EST
With the 2014 World Cup set to kick off in less than two weeks' time, several media outlets have round up the hottest wives and girlfriends (WAGs) of the biggest names in the sporting world of soccer. Soccer athletes sure know not only how to score in the football pitch but also how to score and win the hearts of the most beautiful and sexiest women.
Model Irina Shayk arrives for the Barbie Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party in New York, February 17, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
New York Daily News named Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk as the "Queen of WAGs." Cristiano and Irina have been dating for four years now. They allegedly met during a campaign for Armani Exchange.
Model Jourdan Dunn was also included on the Web site's list, but unfortunately, the 23-year-old British model has reportedly already broken up with her football beau England's Daniel Sturridge. A source told Sunday People as reported by The Mirror that Dunn and Sturridge are no longer a couple.
The other celebrities and models who can definitely distract anyone watching the 2014 World Cup include Shakira (Gerard Pique's partner), Georgina Dorsett (Brit Tom Cleverley's wife), Natalia Velez (Colombian football star Radamel Falcao's girlfriend), Alex Curran (Brit Steven Gerrard's wife), Pilar Rubio (Spain's Sergio Ramos girlfriend), Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau (Dutch Wesley Sneijder's wife), Ann-Kathrin Brommel (Germany's Mario Goetze girlfriend), Coleen Rooney (Wayne Rooney's wife), and the list goes on.
Mirror.co.uk also has their own list which features 13 WAGs to "sizzle" the World Cup in Brazil. It also includes Christine Bleakley (Frank Lampard's partner), Kimberly Crew (Joe Hart's lady friend), Kaya Hall (Phil Jones' sweetheart), Sam Cooke (Chris Smalling's girlfriend), and Faye Ayers (Ross Barkley's beautiful brunette partner) among several others.
These stunning ladies will be supporting their men in action in the upcoming 2014 World Cup.
In April, April Buchanan of The Guardian wrote in her article that it wouldn't be fair to ban the WAGs in the 2014 World Cup. She condemned the recent report that said England manager Roy Hodgson was banning the World Cup WAGs from attending warm-up matches.
"Wags might wear fabulous dresses and have make careers out of having their picture taken, but most support their partners practically and emotionally, as that's the duty of anyone in a long-term relationship and it's vital to the team's success," she wrote.
"If my partner were selected to take part in a prestigious international competition, I'd be desperate to go and cheer him on. It seems cruel to deny anyone the opportunity to support their spouse, and even more cruel to deprive someone of their partner's support when they're far from home and under pressure."
No one could feel more honoured than the WAGs who rattle in the sidelines to show their support whenever their husbands or boyfriends play, especially in prestigious event like the World Cup, right?
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More