Hottest WAGs of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 2, 2014 3:11 PM EST
With the 2014 World Cup set to kick off in less than two weeks' time, several media outlets have round up the hottest wives and girlfriends (WAGs) of the biggest names in the sporting world of soccer. Soccer athletes sure know not only how to score in the football pitch but also how to score and win the hearts of the most beautiful and sexiest women.
Model Irina Shayk arrives for the Barbie Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party in New York, February 17, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
New York Daily News named Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk as the "Queen of WAGs." Cristiano and Irina have been dating for four years now. They allegedly met during a campaign for Armani Exchange.
Model Jourdan Dunn was also included on the Web site's list, but unfortunately, the 23-year-old British model has reportedly already broken up with her football beau England's Daniel Sturridge. A source told Sunday People as reported by The Mirror that Dunn and Sturridge are no longer a couple.
The other celebrities and models who can definitely distract anyone watching the 2014 World Cup include Shakira (Gerard Pique's partner), Georgina Dorsett (Brit Tom Cleverley's wife), Natalia Velez (Colombian football star Radamel Falcao's girlfriend), Alex Curran (Brit Steven Gerrard's wife), Pilar Rubio (Spain's Sergio Ramos girlfriend), Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau (Dutch Wesley Sneijder's wife), Ann-Kathrin Brommel (Germany's Mario Goetze girlfriend), Coleen Rooney (Wayne Rooney's wife), and the list goes on.
Mirror.co.uk also has their own list which features 13 WAGs to "sizzle" the World Cup in Brazil. It also includes Christine Bleakley (Frank Lampard's partner), Kimberly Crew (Joe Hart's lady friend), Kaya Hall (Phil Jones' sweetheart), Sam Cooke (Chris Smalling's girlfriend), and Faye Ayers (Ross Barkley's beautiful brunette partner) among several others.
These stunning ladies will be supporting their men in action in the upcoming 2014 World Cup.
In April, April Buchanan of The Guardian wrote in her article that it wouldn't be fair to ban the WAGs in the 2014 World Cup. She condemned the recent report that said England manager Roy Hodgson was banning the World Cup WAGs from attending warm-up matches.
"Wags might wear fabulous dresses and have make careers out of having their picture taken, but most support their partners practically and emotionally, as that's the duty of anyone in a long-term relationship and it's vital to the team's success," she wrote.
"If my partner were selected to take part in a prestigious international competition, I'd be desperate to go and cheer him on. It seems cruel to deny anyone the opportunity to support their spouse, and even more cruel to deprive someone of their partner's support when they're far from home and under pressure."
No one could feel more honoured than the WAGs who rattle in the sidelines to show their support whenever their husbands or boyfriends play, especially in prestigious event like the World Cup, right?
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date