Hottest WAGs of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 2, 2014 3:11 PM EST
With the 2014 World Cup set to kick off in less than two weeks' time, several media outlets have round up the hottest wives and girlfriends (WAGs) of the biggest names in the sporting world of soccer. Soccer athletes sure know not only how to score in the football pitch but also how to score and win the hearts of the most beautiful and sexiest women.
Model Irina Shayk arrives for the Barbie Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party in New York, February 17, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
New York Daily News named Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk as the "Queen of WAGs." Cristiano and Irina have been dating for four years now. They allegedly met during a campaign for Armani Exchange.
Model Jourdan Dunn was also included on the Web site's list, but unfortunately, the 23-year-old British model has reportedly already broken up with her football beau England's Daniel Sturridge. A source told Sunday People as reported by The Mirror that Dunn and Sturridge are no longer a couple.
The other celebrities and models who can definitely distract anyone watching the 2014 World Cup include Shakira (Gerard Pique's partner), Georgina Dorsett (Brit Tom Cleverley's wife), Natalia Velez (Colombian football star Radamel Falcao's girlfriend), Alex Curran (Brit Steven Gerrard's wife), Pilar Rubio (Spain's Sergio Ramos girlfriend), Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau (Dutch Wesley Sneijder's wife), Ann-Kathrin Brommel (Germany's Mario Goetze girlfriend), Coleen Rooney (Wayne Rooney's wife), and the list goes on.
Mirror.co.uk also has their own list which features 13 WAGs to "sizzle" the World Cup in Brazil. It also includes Christine Bleakley (Frank Lampard's partner), Kimberly Crew (Joe Hart's lady friend), Kaya Hall (Phil Jones' sweetheart), Sam Cooke (Chris Smalling's girlfriend), and Faye Ayers (Ross Barkley's beautiful brunette partner) among several others.
These stunning ladies will be supporting their men in action in the upcoming 2014 World Cup.
In April, April Buchanan of The Guardian wrote in her article that it wouldn't be fair to ban the WAGs in the 2014 World Cup. She condemned the recent report that said England manager Roy Hodgson was banning the World Cup WAGs from attending warm-up matches.
"Wags might wear fabulous dresses and have make careers out of having their picture taken, but most support their partners practically and emotionally, as that's the duty of anyone in a long-term relationship and it's vital to the team's success," she wrote.
"If my partner were selected to take part in a prestigious international competition, I'd be desperate to go and cheer him on. It seems cruel to deny anyone the opportunity to support their spouse, and even more cruel to deprive someone of their partner's support when they're far from home and under pressure."
No one could feel more honoured than the WAGs who rattle in the sidelines to show their support whenever their husbands or boyfriends play, especially in prestigious event like the World Cup, right?
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal