Upcoming 'Samsung Galaxy Mega 2' Image Leaked: Features Largest Screen Size Ever; Limited Specs, Potential Launch Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 2, 2014 2:47 PM EST
Smartphones are getting bigger and bigger with every new release and it has become a worldwide trend to opt for a gigantic screen size. The once pocket-friendly and easy-to-hold devices are now hardly fitting the pant pockets and not easy to hold in one hand.
According to an FCC filing (via Mashable), the new entrant to follow this trend is the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2, also known as the Galaxy Mega 7.0. This monster of a device comes with a whopping 7 inches screen size and 720p display resolution. The handset is expected to be powered by a quad-core (Snapdragon 400) processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. The phone will come with 1.5 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage capacity, says Ortud.
The Tab S series of phablets/tablets are expected to be unveiled in a press conference by Samsung scheduled for June 12. The latest Mega 2 could very well be one of the devices waiting to be unveiled in this event.
The earlier version of Samsung Galaxy Mega device is 0.7 inches smaller than the latest Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. With this new screen size, Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 is the largest Android smartphone made till date.
Mashable also says the FCC has approved the latest device from Samsung. If speculations were true, AT&T will be the first mobile network carrier to offer the upcoming Galaxy Mega 2. Nevertheless, there is a chance that the company Samsung might release the phone targeting the Asian market and the phone might never see a worldwide release.
It is worth noting that, the first Galaxy Mega handset costs US$499 without a contract. However, the price range of the latest Galaxy Mega 2 is not available at this point in time.
The specifications of the original Galaxy Mega smartphone includes, a 6.3 inches screen with 720 x 1,280 pixels display resolution. The phone houses 1.5 GB of RAM and 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage with microSD card support for further expansion up to 64 GB. The phone runs on Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean that is upgradable to v4.4.2 KitKat. The handset is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Krait processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz.
Other features include an 8 MP rear-facing camera, in addition to the 1.9 MP front-facing camera unit. The device is equipped with a Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery unit.
Interested readers can check out the leaked image of the latest Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 from Ortud.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family