Zac Efron Reveals Rose Byrne is His ‘Favourite Actress in the World’; Gushes About Aussie Women’s Charms
By Anne Lu | June 2, 2014 1:33 PM EST
Zac Efron is crushing on Australian actress Rose Byrne. The “Bad Neighbours” actor admitted that his co-star is his “favourite actress in the world,” adding that Aussie girls in general are “incredibly charming.”
Zac Efron poses after he threw off his shirt as he accepts the award for best shirtless performance for "That Awkward Moment" as presenters Rita Ora and Jessica Alba (2nd R) look on at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
In an interview with Cleo magazine, the 26-year-old former Disney star only has praises for the 34-year-old ex-“Damages” actress, who stars alongside him and Seth Rogen in the U.S. comedy flick “Bad Neighbours.”
“She might be my favourite actress in the world!” Zac boldly declared.
“She’s got like a light about her you can’t teach or learn. It’s really kinda magical. In this movie she plays a strong, funny, easy-going woman, She’s gonna redefine what you want a wife to be.”
Continuing her admiration for the slightly older actress, Zac surmised that Rose’s lovely characters may have come from her native land.
“I love Australia. I think yes, Australian girls are incredibly charming. [Rose] has a unique perspective on life, it’s really upbeat and funny. You could say that’s gotta be from Australia.”
But while he clearly likes Rose, Zac, who famously dated his “High School Musical” co-star Vanessa Hudgens, said that he hasn’t met his ideal girl yet.
“I haven’t met her yet! I don’t know if you can put that thing into words, if you’ve never been there you can’t really explain it. It’s just a feeling. I would like to think that I have the ability to make her happy, you know, if I can make her laugh and I can make her feel good, that’s fun to be a part of it.”
Girls aside, Zac also threw in a superlative for their co-star Dave Franco, saying, “He’s just the nicest guy in the world, man.”
“You know when you instantly connect with somebody? He could get along with anybody in the room. He’s really sensitive and fun to be around. He’s a good friend and really fun to work with because he’s also pretty fearless. We did some weird kinda s***,” he told the magazine.
When asked what that “weird s***” was, Zac recounted a scene in the film where their characters got into a fight and came to a stand-off.
“...we’re basically squeezing each other’s balls as hard as we can. Neither of us will let go, so it’s kind of like a Wild West stand-off. It was pretty uncomfortable staring deeply into his eyes and doing that for a couple of takes. It was pretty funny but I’d say that’s as far out of my comfort zone as it gets.”
“Bad Neighbours” was released on March 8, earning over U$207.9 million at the box office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market