Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Availability and Specs Revealed; Galaxy Mega 7.0 and Tab S 8.4 Renders Teased
By Gel Galang | June 2, 2014 12:41 PM EST
If the Samsung Galaxy S5 wasn't a good enough choice, Samsung is ready to cover up that area with the new Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Following the iteration of last year's Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, marketing the rugged phone for the rugged lifestyle, this new device seems to be an even more rugged version of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Seeing as how the original already has some water- and dust-proofing capabilities, AT&T's newest device, shares similar specs with the prototype--AMOLED 5.1-inch display, heart rate monitor, 16-megapixel camera, fingerprint sensor and its rugged specs.
The rugged specs are pretty much the touted features, as it's shock-resistant, bulkier, and has a dedicated button for outdoor apps to launch with just one click, which gives you easier access for when you are doing more outdoor activities, according to various sources.
AT&T has made the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active available for $199.99 with a two-year contract and three choices of colour: Ruby Red, Titanium Grey or Camo Green.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Leaked
Before any official announcements have made it out of the Samsung headquarters, a new set of press images from @evleaks Twitter have been leaked featuring the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in all its glory.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) June 1, 2014
This is also thanks to @evleaks, the known insider source that already has incredible track record for mobile leaks. The newest photos are very interesting as they already appear to be the final products, though there's no telling when this device will be announced.
It seems that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 will feature AMOLED displays to widen the gap of difference in the features that it shares with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
As seen in the renders, the back of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 shares the same design as the Samsung Galaxy S5, showing off a stylish perforated faux leather finish.
Other rumoured specs that will purportedly come to the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 are the fingerprint sensor in the Home Button. Android Central adds that the Book Cover flip cover may also make an appearance for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.
Galaxy Mega 7.0 Also Sees Press Leak
Apart from the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, the Mega 7.0 may have also been seen leaked before an official announcement. Phone Arena has managed to snag not only an FCC filing but also a press shot of the device.
The screenshot features the China Mobile brand and the "IMAK CASE" label at the back of the rendered leak.
Until now, this render is still treated as unofficial until perhaps June 12, when Samsung is slated to reveal a few new devices. Though unannounced, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 7.0 is also rumoured to make an appearance during this event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements