5 More Games Hitting the PS4: ‘Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare,’ ‘Blue Estate,’ ‘The Walking Dead’ and More
By Gel Galang | June 2, 2014 12:25 PM EST
The PS4 is churning out title after title, and now that June has already come, here's a roundup of the upcoming games that PS4 owners can expect in the coming months.
"Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare"
After its timed exclusivity with the Xbox platform, EA has finally announced that its console version of the game, "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" is now coming to the PS4 as well.
"We're especially excited for fans to experience 'Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare' on PS4, where it will be playable at a native 1080p resolution and blazing fast 60 frames per second," said EA's Brian Lindley over at the PlayStation Blog.
"Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" features the Frostbite 3 engine build, a 24-player battle, a four-player game mode, unlockables and customizations, and the full array of Garden Variety and Zomboss Down expansion included at launch.
Remote Play with the PS Vita is also possible, with the Boss Mode playable as a companion app on devices with the PlayStation App. "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" will be debuting on the PS4 and the PS3 on Aug 19.
The three-man team of Green Lava Studios from Costa Rica are going to debut their PS4 platformer "Fenix Rage" this fall, and it's a game that brings with it flavors of "Sonic the Hedgehog," "Hellboy" and "SWAT Kats" all in one title.
One of the biggest points of the game is its undeniably smooth gameplay, apart from the platformer visuals and animation, which take into consideration its inspirations, as well as the gamers. According to PlayStation Blog Europe, the developers are open to feedback from what is already featured in the screenshots.
"The Walking Dead" and The Wolf Among Us"
Telltale Games' two biggest titles, "The Walking Dead" and "The Wolf Among Us," have already stated their intentions of bringing the titles to the next-gen platforms.
Announced over at the Telltale Games Blog, the entire "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series" and "The Wolf Among Us" will be coming to both the Xbox One and the PS4. According to the developer, there is also a bit of news for PS3 and Xbox 360 players, as the retail versions of the game will also come out after the success of the digital downloads.
For now, there are now release dates for the games' availability on the PS4 and Xbox One.
"Futurium EP Deluxe"
This July, a shooter title that you should be looking forward to is "Futurium EP Deluxe," which goes in time with its retro appeal and colours. The first console game from Mixed Bag, this is a campaign that features 50 levels spread out in five zones, five bosses and five bonus areas to explore.
Apart from those features, the game banks solely on skills rather than giving you power-ups from time to time, so it really is a game where you can be very proud to land on the leaderboards or gather the 150 medals in the game.
"Futurium EP Deluxe" will be out on the PS4 and PS Vita this July, with the exact release date yet to be announced.
Based on the Blue Estate comics from Viktor Kalvachev and Kosta Yanev, this PS4 shooter game takes the best of the violent comedy, firepower, and heroes and villains from the pages to the touch of your DualShock 4.
In a post via the PlayStation Blog, author Kalvachev states that the controls are pretty much the best part since they have recreated the arcade gun atmosphere in the game, starting with the fact that it's a rail shooter.
You also have crazy characters packed in a crazy story that may be its own formula of "Saints Row" of itself. "Blue Estate" also features a local co-op multiplayer where you would need a trusted shooting buddy to survive per level.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]