5 More Games Hitting the PS4: ‘Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare,’ ‘Blue Estate,’ ‘The Walking Dead’ and More
By Gel Galang | June 2, 2014 12:25 PM EST
The PS4 is churning out title after title, and now that June has already come, here's a roundup of the upcoming games that PS4 owners can expect in the coming months.
"Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare"
After its timed exclusivity with the Xbox platform, EA has finally announced that its console version of the game, "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" is now coming to the PS4 as well.
"We're especially excited for fans to experience 'Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare' on PS4, where it will be playable at a native 1080p resolution and blazing fast 60 frames per second," said EA's Brian Lindley over at the PlayStation Blog.
"Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" features the Frostbite 3 engine build, a 24-player battle, a four-player game mode, unlockables and customizations, and the full array of Garden Variety and Zomboss Down expansion included at launch.
Remote Play with the PS Vita is also possible, with the Boss Mode playable as a companion app on devices with the PlayStation App. "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" will be debuting on the PS4 and the PS3 on Aug 19.
The three-man team of Green Lava Studios from Costa Rica are going to debut their PS4 platformer "Fenix Rage" this fall, and it's a game that brings with it flavors of "Sonic the Hedgehog," "Hellboy" and "SWAT Kats" all in one title.
One of the biggest points of the game is its undeniably smooth gameplay, apart from the platformer visuals and animation, which take into consideration its inspirations, as well as the gamers. According to PlayStation Blog Europe, the developers are open to feedback from what is already featured in the screenshots.
"The Walking Dead" and The Wolf Among Us"
Telltale Games' two biggest titles, "The Walking Dead" and "The Wolf Among Us," have already stated their intentions of bringing the titles to the next-gen platforms.
Announced over at the Telltale Games Blog, the entire "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series" and "The Wolf Among Us" will be coming to both the Xbox One and the PS4. According to the developer, there is also a bit of news for PS3 and Xbox 360 players, as the retail versions of the game will also come out after the success of the digital downloads.
For now, there are now release dates for the games' availability on the PS4 and Xbox One.
"Futurium EP Deluxe"
This July, a shooter title that you should be looking forward to is "Futurium EP Deluxe," which goes in time with its retro appeal and colours. The first console game from Mixed Bag, this is a campaign that features 50 levels spread out in five zones, five bosses and five bonus areas to explore.
Apart from those features, the game banks solely on skills rather than giving you power-ups from time to time, so it really is a game where you can be very proud to land on the leaderboards or gather the 150 medals in the game.
"Futurium EP Deluxe" will be out on the PS4 and PS Vita this July, with the exact release date yet to be announced.
Based on the Blue Estate comics from Viktor Kalvachev and Kosta Yanev, this PS4 shooter game takes the best of the violent comedy, firepower, and heroes and villains from the pages to the touch of your DualShock 4.
In a post via the PlayStation Blog, author Kalvachev states that the controls are pretty much the best part since they have recreated the arcade gun atmosphere in the game, starting with the fact that it's a rail shooter.
You also have crazy characters packed in a crazy story that may be its own formula of "Saints Row" of itself. "Blue Estate" also features a local co-op multiplayer where you would need a trusted shooting buddy to survive per level.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal