3 Ways on How to Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9200XXUDNE4 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 2, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is now available and can be installed manually on your device if the automatic update has not arrived yet. Here are the steps to make your Galaxy Mega 6.3 run the Android 4.4.2 XXUDNE4 firmware.
The new firmware started rolling out in Russia via automatic updates but SamMobile was able to obtain the official software for manual installation. Here are the details on Samsung's new software for Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Device: Galaxy Mega 6.3
Android OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build Date: Wednesday, May 21st 2014
Product Code: SER
Using Automatic Updates
You may use the built-in software update feature on your smartphone. Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for Updates. If your area or network carrier is now receiving the update rollout, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 should be able to obtain the firmware.
Alternatively, you can install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on your computer. Once the program has been installed, launch it and connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 using a USB cable. The drivers will begin installation to detect your device and must prompt you regarding a new firmware.
Follow the instructions provided to you in order to download and install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
In case the firmware has not arrived yet in our territory or network provider, you may use the manual installation for your Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors that may occur on your device. Installation of the official firmware on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 may cause issues if done improperly. Consult your network carrier if your smartphone is currently locked to prevent issues due to incompatibility. Do this at your own risk.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid possible power interruption during the flash.
3. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer for Galaxy Mega 6.3. You can the Samsung Kies PC Suite for this function.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone which can be found on the Settings Menu.
1. Extract the Android 4.4.2 KitKat zip file on your computer.
2. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
3. Switch off your smartphone then reboot it into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
4. Connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to the computer using a USB cable.
5. ID:COM in ODIN flash tool should glow blue or yellow, indicating that the device has been detected. If not, install the required USB drivers for your smartphone.
6. In the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for installation:
a. Click "PDA/AP" then select the file with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click "Phone" then select the file with "MODEM" in its name. Ignore if no such file is found.
c. Click "CSC" then select the file with "CSC" in its name. Ignore if no such file is found.
d. Click "PIT" then select the ".pit" file. Ignore if no such file is found.
7. Check the "AUTO REBOOT" and "F.RESET TIME" options but DO NOT check the "RE-PARTITION" option if there is no ".pit" file selected.
8. Hit the START button on ODIN flash tool to begin installation. It may take three to five minutes to complete.
9. Once the installation has been completed, your smartphone will restart automatically.
10. Disconnect the device from the computer after its reaches the home screen.
Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Version to determine the current OS and firmware details.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='39' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=39 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE (maincat_id='1' OR maincat_id='2' OR maincat_id='6' OR maincat_id='7' OR maincat_id='9' OR maincat_id='24') AND local_id='0' AND typology_id<'11' AND tid> AND outkey_all='Y' ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 17Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT * FROM table_info WHERE table_name='ib_articles' LIMIT 1Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT id as num FROM ib_articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5