3 Ways on How to Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9200XXUDNE4 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 2, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is now available and can be installed manually on your device if the automatic update has not arrived yet. Here are the steps to make your Galaxy Mega 6.3 run the Android 4.4.2 XXUDNE4 firmware.
The new firmware started rolling out in Russia via automatic updates but SamMobile was able to obtain the official software for manual installation. Here are the details on Samsung's new software for Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Device: Galaxy Mega 6.3
Android OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build Date: Wednesday, May 21st 2014
Product Code: SER
Using Automatic Updates
You may use the built-in software update feature on your smartphone. Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for Updates. If your area or network carrier is now receiving the update rollout, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 should be able to obtain the firmware.
Alternatively, you can install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on your computer. Once the program has been installed, launch it and connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 using a USB cable. The drivers will begin installation to detect your device and must prompt you regarding a new firmware.
Follow the instructions provided to you in order to download and install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
In case the firmware has not arrived yet in our territory or network provider, you may use the manual installation for your Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors that may occur on your device. Installation of the official firmware on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 may cause issues if done improperly. Consult your network carrier if your smartphone is currently locked to prevent issues due to incompatibility. Do this at your own risk.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid possible power interruption during the flash.
3. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer for Galaxy Mega 6.3. You can the Samsung Kies PC Suite for this function.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone which can be found on the Settings Menu.
1. Extract the Android 4.4.2 KitKat zip file on your computer.
2. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
3. Switch off your smartphone then reboot it into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
4. Connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to the computer using a USB cable.
5. ID:COM in ODIN flash tool should glow blue or yellow, indicating that the device has been detected. If not, install the required USB drivers for your smartphone.
6. In the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for installation:
a. Click "PDA/AP" then select the file with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click "Phone" then select the file with "MODEM" in its name. Ignore if no such file is found.
c. Click "CSC" then select the file with "CSC" in its name. Ignore if no such file is found.
d. Click "PIT" then select the ".pit" file. Ignore if no such file is found.
7. Check the "AUTO REBOOT" and "F.RESET TIME" options but DO NOT check the "RE-PARTITION" option if there is no ".pit" file selected.
8. Hit the START button on ODIN flash tool to begin installation. It may take three to five minutes to complete.
9. Once the installation has been completed, your smartphone will restart automatically.
10. Disconnect the device from the computer after its reaches the home screen.
Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Version to determine the current OS and firmware details.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet