Harry Style’s Priceless Reaction As He Catches A Bra Goes Viral; Plus One Direction Fan Fiction Gets Publishing Deal
By Anne Lu | June 2, 2014 12:10 PM EST
Harry Styles may be a globe-trotting superstar adored by legions of his tween fans, but let it not be forgotten that he is still just a boy at 20 years old. The One Direction singer’s reaction to catching a fan’s bra is priceless, and is quickly becoming viral online.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week
All Harry wanted was just to eat his snack, but a fan wanted to catch his attention in an unusual way.
Harry was eating during a short break in their Dublin, Ireland show when he was thrown a female undergarment. He proved to have a good reflex when he reached out to grab the flying object in his way, but quickly threw it back when he realised what he was holding.
Harry’s split-second reaction to the brassiere was priceless, though. He appeared momentarily perplexed with the item, and after he threw it back, he started chuckling while still chewing his food.
Fans throwing undergarments at their idols on stage is nothing new, particularly during rock concerts, but basing on Harry’s reaction, it’s not something that he wants a repeat of.
Since it was uploaded on May 25, the Vine clip, by WW1DUpdates, already amassed over 32,500 smiles and over 40,000 shares on Twitter.
Watch Harry catching a bra:
Meanwhile, one lucky fan who wrote a fan fiction of One Direction has landed a publishing deal. Simon & Schuster bought the rights to the three volume serialisation of Anna Todd’s Wattpad novel “After” in a reported six-figure deal.
Exciting news! @simonschuster is publishing #After. Here's @imaginator1dx's 1st autograph http://t.co/7EE2xKKXHq https://t.co/gvU2dFz4rS — Wattpad (@wattpad) May 27, 2014
Todd has over 800 million readers on Wattpad. The first book in her series will be released in print and ebook editions from November 2014, with the instalments following in January and March 2015.
“The book is the story of a young girl going away to college for the first time,” Ashleigh Gardner, head of content at Simon & Schuster, said.
“First time away from home, navigating life and she falls for a bad boy and discovers who she is.”
“The book is very long, so we’ll edit it down and get to the core of the story,” acquiring editor Adam Wilson told Publishing Weekly. “We’re committed to keeping the story people know but we want to reach traditional readers as well.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge