Harry Style’s Priceless Reaction As He Catches A Bra Goes Viral; Plus One Direction Fan Fiction Gets Publishing Deal
By Anne Lu | June 2, 2014 12:10 PM EST
Harry Styles may be a globe-trotting superstar adored by legions of his tween fans, but let it not be forgotten that he is still just a boy at 20 years old. The One Direction singer’s reaction to catching a fan’s bra is priceless, and is quickly becoming viral online.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week
All Harry wanted was just to eat his snack, but a fan wanted to catch his attention in an unusual way.
Harry was eating during a short break in their Dublin, Ireland show when he was thrown a female undergarment. He proved to have a good reflex when he reached out to grab the flying object in his way, but quickly threw it back when he realised what he was holding.
Harry’s split-second reaction to the brassiere was priceless, though. He appeared momentarily perplexed with the item, and after he threw it back, he started chuckling while still chewing his food.
Fans throwing undergarments at their idols on stage is nothing new, particularly during rock concerts, but basing on Harry’s reaction, it’s not something that he wants a repeat of.
Since it was uploaded on May 25, the Vine clip, by WW1DUpdates, already amassed over 32,500 smiles and over 40,000 shares on Twitter.
Watch Harry catching a bra:
Meanwhile, one lucky fan who wrote a fan fiction of One Direction has landed a publishing deal. Simon & Schuster bought the rights to the three volume serialisation of Anna Todd’s Wattpad novel “After” in a reported six-figure deal.
Exciting news! @simonschuster is publishing #After. Here's @imaginator1dx's 1st autograph http://t.co/7EE2xKKXHq https://t.co/gvU2dFz4rS — Wattpad (@wattpad) May 27, 2014
Todd has over 800 million readers on Wattpad. The first book in her series will be released in print and ebook editions from November 2014, with the instalments following in January and March 2015.
“The book is the story of a young girl going away to college for the first time,” Ashleigh Gardner, head of content at Simon & Schuster, said.
“First time away from home, navigating life and she falls for a bad boy and discovers who she is.”
“The book is very long, so we’ll edit it down and get to the core of the story,” acquiring editor Adam Wilson told Publishing Weekly. “We’re committed to keeping the story people know but we want to reach traditional readers as well.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change