Harry Style’s Priceless Reaction As He Catches A Bra Goes Viral; Plus One Direction Fan Fiction Gets Publishing Deal
By Anne Lu | June 2, 2014 12:10 PM EST
Harry Styles may be a globe-trotting superstar adored by legions of his tween fans, but let it not be forgotten that he is still just a boy at 20 years old. The One Direction singer’s reaction to catching a fan’s bra is priceless, and is quickly becoming viral online.
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week
All Harry wanted was just to eat his snack, but a fan wanted to catch his attention in an unusual way.
Harry was eating during a short break in their Dublin, Ireland show when he was thrown a female undergarment. He proved to have a good reflex when he reached out to grab the flying object in his way, but quickly threw it back when he realised what he was holding.
Harry’s split-second reaction to the brassiere was priceless, though. He appeared momentarily perplexed with the item, and after he threw it back, he started chuckling while still chewing his food.
Fans throwing undergarments at their idols on stage is nothing new, particularly during rock concerts, but basing on Harry’s reaction, it’s not something that he wants a repeat of.
Since it was uploaded on May 25, the Vine clip, by WW1DUpdates, already amassed over 32,500 smiles and over 40,000 shares on Twitter.
Watch Harry catching a bra:
Meanwhile, one lucky fan who wrote a fan fiction of One Direction has landed a publishing deal. Simon & Schuster bought the rights to the three volume serialisation of Anna Todd’s Wattpad novel “After” in a reported six-figure deal.
Exciting news! @simonschuster is publishing #After. Here's @imaginator1dx's 1st autograph http://t.co/7EE2xKKXHq https://t.co/gvU2dFz4rS — Wattpad (@wattpad) May 27, 2014
Todd has over 800 million readers on Wattpad. The first book in her series will be released in print and ebook editions from November 2014, with the instalments following in January and March 2015.
“The book is the story of a young girl going away to college for the first time,” Ashleigh Gardner, head of content at Simon & Schuster, said.
“First time away from home, navigating life and she falls for a bad boy and discovers who she is.”
“The book is very long, so we’ll edit it down and get to the core of the story,” acquiring editor Adam Wilson told Publishing Weekly. “We’re committed to keeping the story people know but we want to reach traditional readers as well.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide