Frank Vogel to Return to the Indiana Pacers Next Season
By James Patrick Quizon | June 2, 2014 6:12 AM EST
Despite another loss in the Eastern Conference Finals and falling again to the defending champions Miami Heat, the Indiana Pacers brass are willing to move forward with Frank Vogel as head coach.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports first reported the development via Twitter:
May 30, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Indiana Pacers head coach Frank Vogel at a press conference before game six of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs against the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena.
The Indiana Pacers intend to bring back Frank Vogel as coach, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) May 31, 2014
The Pacers looked lost in the second half of the regular season and then in the playoffs, versus the Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards in the first and second rounds, respectively. Nonetheless, they advanced to the East Finals against the Heat and pushed the defending champs to six games.
"Indiana management has never considered replacing him, sources told Yahoo Sports," according to Wojnarowski.
Among the names mentioned in rumours supposedly interested in the Pacers' job is Mark Jackson, who was fired by the Golden State Warriors just this offseason. But with the apparent vote of confidence by Indiana president Larry Bird and general manager Kevin Pritchard, it appears that Vogel's job is safe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’