‘Jurassic 4' Spoilers From Director Colin Trevorrow On ‘Jurassic World’ Location, Plot And Characters
By Tanya Diente | June 2, 2014 3:46 AM EST
"Jurassic World" director Colin Trevorrow has been silent on matters pertaining to the production of "Jurassic 4." The only detail he had shared in his Twitter account was that the new "Jurassic Park" franchise would include featherless dinosaurs, reports Insidemovies. However, when a report showing numerous plot details for "Jurassic 4" was leaked on various website, courtesy of Joblo, Trevorrow decided to share more than what was necessary for a movie that is still in production - he provided a spoiler-packed email interview with Slashfilm.
Actor Chris Pratt arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. Pratt is set to appear in 'Jurassic 4' directed by Colin Trevorrow.
Director Colin Trevorrow has confirmed the leaked details on the "Jurassic World" location and "Jurassic 4" plot and characters.
Warning: Spoilers Ahead
Director Colin Trevorrow responded to an email interview with Slashfilm last week while he was on set shooting "Jurassic 4." According to the interview, Trevorrow along with his crew were disheartened by the leaked details on the location of "Jurassic World," and the character and plot details for "Jurassic 4." It wasn't that they were trying to hide things from the fans, but because they only wanted to build that element of surprise for the film. Now it only takes one person to spoil that surprise for everyone.
"I hope whoever leaked it is actively trying to undermine what we're doing. Because if they're trying to help, they're doing it wrong," Trevorrow said.
Trevorrow confirmed that "Jurassic World" takes place in a fully functional park in Isla Nublar. The park has the elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo and a theme park (photo). Most of all it has "fully functional" dinosaurs. He said anyone can get closer to these dinosaurs more than they ever imagined possible.
"Jurassic World" takes place 22 years after "Jurassic Park." It is a new biological preserve where people wouldn't mind seeing dinosaurs walking around because they are over it. "Imagine a teenager texting his girlfriend with his back to a T-Rex behind protective glass."
Trevorrow has also confirmed that a new dinosaur will be added to the "Jurassic World" and it will be created by Isla Nabur's geneticists. The director added that the gap in the dinosaur's structure will be filled with DNA from other species, similar to the genome in the first "Jurassic Park" that was completed with frog DNA. The idea of a modified dinosaur may have alerted fans, but Trevorrow and his crew are not doing anything that "Jurassic Park" author Michael Crichton didn't suggest in his novel. The modified dinosaur won't be a mutant freak but a more evolved animal, thanks to genetics. This new dinosaur in "Jurassic 4" will be bigger, louder, and with more teeth.
Director Colin Trevorrow however, denied one of the leaked report's suggestions that lead character Chris Pratt would be training a group of "good guy" dinosaurs to fight the "bad guy" dinosaurs. For him there is no such thing as good or bad dinosaurs but only predators and prey. "Jurassic 4" is about human's relationship with animals and on how they react to the threat these animals pose to their dominant existence on earth. Trevorrow said Chris Pratt's role in the movie is a behavioural researcher who tries to figure out the limits of the relationship between humans and dinosaurs. He denied rumours of Pratt's role as a trainer, since in the first place these dinosaurs in the "Jurassic World" aren't even trained to do tricks.
"Jurassic 4" also stars Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D'Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, and Judy Greer. It will open in US theatres on June 12, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate