‘Jurassic 4' Spoilers From Director Colin Trevorrow On ‘Jurassic World’ Location, Plot And Characters
By Tanya Diente | June 2, 2014 3:46 AM EST
"Jurassic World" director Colin Trevorrow has been silent on matters pertaining to the production of "Jurassic 4." The only detail he had shared in his Twitter account was that the new "Jurassic Park" franchise would include featherless dinosaurs, reports Insidemovies. However, when a report showing numerous plot details for "Jurassic 4" was leaked on various website, courtesy of Joblo, Trevorrow decided to share more than what was necessary for a movie that is still in production - he provided a spoiler-packed email interview with Slashfilm.
Actor Chris Pratt arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. Pratt is set to appear in 'Jurassic 4' directed by Colin Trevorrow.
Director Colin Trevorrow has confirmed the leaked details on the "Jurassic World" location and "Jurassic 4" plot and characters.
Warning: Spoilers Ahead
Director Colin Trevorrow responded to an email interview with Slashfilm last week while he was on set shooting "Jurassic 4." According to the interview, Trevorrow along with his crew were disheartened by the leaked details on the location of "Jurassic World," and the character and plot details for "Jurassic 4." It wasn't that they were trying to hide things from the fans, but because they only wanted to build that element of surprise for the film. Now it only takes one person to spoil that surprise for everyone.
"I hope whoever leaked it is actively trying to undermine what we're doing. Because if they're trying to help, they're doing it wrong," Trevorrow said.
Trevorrow confirmed that "Jurassic World" takes place in a fully functional park in Isla Nublar. The park has the elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo and a theme park (photo). Most of all it has "fully functional" dinosaurs. He said anyone can get closer to these dinosaurs more than they ever imagined possible.
"Jurassic World" takes place 22 years after "Jurassic Park." It is a new biological preserve where people wouldn't mind seeing dinosaurs walking around because they are over it. "Imagine a teenager texting his girlfriend with his back to a T-Rex behind protective glass."
Trevorrow has also confirmed that a new dinosaur will be added to the "Jurassic World" and it will be created by Isla Nabur's geneticists. The director added that the gap in the dinosaur's structure will be filled with DNA from other species, similar to the genome in the first "Jurassic Park" that was completed with frog DNA. The idea of a modified dinosaur may have alerted fans, but Trevorrow and his crew are not doing anything that "Jurassic Park" author Michael Crichton didn't suggest in his novel. The modified dinosaur won't be a mutant freak but a more evolved animal, thanks to genetics. This new dinosaur in "Jurassic 4" will be bigger, louder, and with more teeth.
Director Colin Trevorrow however, denied one of the leaked report's suggestions that lead character Chris Pratt would be training a group of "good guy" dinosaurs to fight the "bad guy" dinosaurs. For him there is no such thing as good or bad dinosaurs but only predators and prey. "Jurassic 4" is about human's relationship with animals and on how they react to the threat these animals pose to their dominant existence on earth. Trevorrow said Chris Pratt's role in the movie is a behavioural researcher who tries to figure out the limits of the relationship between humans and dinosaurs. He denied rumours of Pratt's role as a trainer, since in the first place these dinosaurs in the "Jurassic World" aren't even trained to do tricks.
"Jurassic 4" also stars Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D'Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, and Judy Greer. It will open in US theatres on June 12, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2