‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Cast News: Ansel Elgort Shares Shailene Woodley Will Slap Him if He’s Bad
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 2, 2014 3:44 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are now going hand in hand to promote their second film together, which is the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFiOS), as they share things about each other, including Woodley slapping Elgort if he's bad.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
In a new interview with Parade magazine, Woodley and Elgort appears to have really bonded while filming the Josh Boone drama movie as they each opened up and talked about each other.
"I learned that about Shailene [Woodley] - that she would slap me if I was bad!" the 20-year-old American actor, playing Gus, tells the publication.
"And I really liked that because she's honest with people, there's no BS and she's not fake, she's a real friend because of that to me," the actor adds.
Both actors have been together for the first time in "Divergent," wherein Shailene Woodley played the main character Tris and Ansel Elgort played the role of her brother. This time, though, TFiOS let Woodley and Elgort discover new and different roles.
In "The Fault in Our Stars," the "Divergent" stars are going to fall in love. Woodley is playing the role of Hazel Lancaster, a cancer patient who meets Gus Waters, played by Elgort, at a cancer support group.
Elgort also admits that he learned a lot about Woodley, calling the actress a "totally open soul" to him and vice versa, because he is also a "totally open soul" to her during the interview. Elgort also can't help gushing that Woodley is an "amazing actress."
Apparently, the 22-year-old "Divergent" star is not only an amazing actress. Woodley is also an amazing person, which she showcases in many ways. But what really catches attention is Woodley's special way of hugging people, which has been previously reported as something called "heart-to-heart" hugs.
"No actor in the business today dispenses hugs to fans, friends, and journalists alike like Shailene," MTV reports.
On June 1, Woodley and Elgort joined author John Green, director Josh Boone and other stars of "The Fault in Our Stars," including Nat Wolff, Sam Trammell and Laura Dern at the Apple store in New York City to talk about the new film. For more information regarding the event, fans can visit the Apple Web site.
"The Fault in Our stars" hits theatres on June 5 in Australia and on June 6 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’