‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Cast News: Ansel Elgort Shares Shailene Woodley Will Slap Him if He’s Bad
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 2, 2014 3:44 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are now going hand in hand to promote their second film together, which is the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFiOS), as they share things about each other, including Woodley slapping Elgort if he's bad.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
In a new interview with Parade magazine, Woodley and Elgort appears to have really bonded while filming the Josh Boone drama movie as they each opened up and talked about each other.
"I learned that about Shailene [Woodley] - that she would slap me if I was bad!" the 20-year-old American actor, playing Gus, tells the publication.
"And I really liked that because she's honest with people, there's no BS and she's not fake, she's a real friend because of that to me," the actor adds.
Both actors have been together for the first time in "Divergent," wherein Shailene Woodley played the main character Tris and Ansel Elgort played the role of her brother. This time, though, TFiOS let Woodley and Elgort discover new and different roles.
In "The Fault in Our Stars," the "Divergent" stars are going to fall in love. Woodley is playing the role of Hazel Lancaster, a cancer patient who meets Gus Waters, played by Elgort, at a cancer support group.
Elgort also admits that he learned a lot about Woodley, calling the actress a "totally open soul" to him and vice versa, because he is also a "totally open soul" to her during the interview. Elgort also can't help gushing that Woodley is an "amazing actress."
Apparently, the 22-year-old "Divergent" star is not only an amazing actress. Woodley is also an amazing person, which she showcases in many ways. But what really catches attention is Woodley's special way of hugging people, which has been previously reported as something called "heart-to-heart" hugs.
"No actor in the business today dispenses hugs to fans, friends, and journalists alike like Shailene," MTV reports.
On June 1, Woodley and Elgort joined author John Green, director Josh Boone and other stars of "The Fault in Our Stars," including Nat Wolff, Sam Trammell and Laura Dern at the Apple store in New York City to talk about the new film. For more information regarding the event, fans can visit the Apple Web site.
"The Fault in Our stars" hits theatres on June 5 in Australia and on June 6 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]