‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Cast News: Ansel Elgort Shares Shailene Woodley Will Slap Him if He’s Bad
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 2, 2014 3:44 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are now going hand in hand to promote their second film together, which is the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFiOS), as they share things about each other, including Woodley slapping Elgort if he's bad.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
In a new interview with Parade magazine, Woodley and Elgort appears to have really bonded while filming the Josh Boone drama movie as they each opened up and talked about each other.
"I learned that about Shailene [Woodley] - that she would slap me if I was bad!" the 20-year-old American actor, playing Gus, tells the publication.
"And I really liked that because she's honest with people, there's no BS and she's not fake, she's a real friend because of that to me," the actor adds.
Both actors have been together for the first time in "Divergent," wherein Shailene Woodley played the main character Tris and Ansel Elgort played the role of her brother. This time, though, TFiOS let Woodley and Elgort discover new and different roles.
In "The Fault in Our Stars," the "Divergent" stars are going to fall in love. Woodley is playing the role of Hazel Lancaster, a cancer patient who meets Gus Waters, played by Elgort, at a cancer support group.
Elgort also admits that he learned a lot about Woodley, calling the actress a "totally open soul" to him and vice versa, because he is also a "totally open soul" to her during the interview. Elgort also can't help gushing that Woodley is an "amazing actress."
Apparently, the 22-year-old "Divergent" star is not only an amazing actress. Woodley is also an amazing person, which she showcases in many ways. But what really catches attention is Woodley's special way of hugging people, which has been previously reported as something called "heart-to-heart" hugs.
"No actor in the business today dispenses hugs to fans, friends, and journalists alike like Shailene," MTV reports.
On June 1, Woodley and Elgort joined author John Green, director Josh Boone and other stars of "The Fault in Our Stars," including Nat Wolff, Sam Trammell and Laura Dern at the Apple store in New York City to talk about the new film. For more information regarding the event, fans can visit the Apple Web site.
"The Fault in Our stars" hits theatres on June 5 in Australia and on June 6 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand