'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, The Mountain, The Viper, Sansa Stark Updates [Watch GOT 4x8 Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | June 2, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 8 airs June 1 on HBO. There was no new episode a week ago, but GOT fans will soon be treated to an epic battle for the trial of Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage). Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson) and Prince Oberyn Martell aka The Viper (Pedro Pascal) fight to the death. Meanwhile, Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) decides her next step.
Actor Peter Dinklage holds his Emmy award after winning outstanding supporting actor in a drama series for "Game Of Thrones" at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 18, 2011.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4. Episode 8 ("The Mountain and The Viper") highlights the murder trial of Tyrion Lannister. Read at your own risk.
The beleaguered Tyrion gets his champion. His wife Sansa is saved from a madly jealous aunt. These are the silver linings in their otherwise dire circumstances. But in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8, one of them is forced into an even more difficult situation. Many fans can now see the GOT Season 4 finale highlights in progress.
The Mountain is a heartless, vile monster who wins all his battles. The Viper is a shrewd man, who is hungry for revenge. Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) personally picks The Mountain as her late son King Joffrey's champion. GOT 4x8 is expected to keep fans thrilled, upset, and anxious -- for the last two episodes and for Game of Thrones Season 5.
Meanwhile, Tyrion's wife Sansa Stark is at a crossroad. Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) kills King Joffrey and snags her out of King's Landing. Now Littlefinger murders her Aunt Lysa Arryn (Kate Dickie), too. Petyr proves in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7 that he means to protect Sansa. Still, Sansa has yet to really make up her mind about this cunning man. Whatever Sansa does next, Littlefinger is expected to stay close.
Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke), Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Jon Snow (Kit Harington) also have exciting storylines unfolding in Game of Thrones Season 4. Fans can hardly wait to see what happens next to all of them. In addition, GOT fans who have read George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series cannot wait to see Lady Stoneheart (Michelle Fairley).
WATCH: 'Game of Thrones' Season 4, Episode 8 ('The Mountain and The Viper') Promo Video
Game of Thrones Season 4 spoilers suggest some heart-stopping moments in the final three episodes. The next new episode airs June 8, while the Season 4 finale airs June 15. The final two episodes this season are titled "The Watchers on the Wall" and "The Children," respectively. Busy fans can watch GOT 4x8 on HBO Go.
More TV Guide and Spoilers
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Finale Teasers from Sophie Turner, Season 5 Surprises Coming in June Trio [Watch Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, The Mountain and The Viper; 3 Episodes Left [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June