Can LG G3 Kill Samsung Galaxy S5?
By Naveena Joy | June 1, 2014 10:08 PM EST
With the launch of LG G3, the handset is set to pull many smartphones down with its attractive features and innovative technology.
LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are under tough competition as the former overpowers the latter with its high-end qualities. The first visible feature of LG G3 is its outstanding display screen considered better than any other Android manufacturer.
G3 comes with a 5.5-inch screen and 2560 x 1440 IPS LCD resolution and true Quad HD. The screen is brighter and attractive compared with Samsung's 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution on the 5.1-inch screen.
Both G3 and Galaxy S5 are powered by Qualcomm's quad core Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.5 GHz along with 16 GB or 32 GB storage capacity. LG G3 has an additional 2 GB or 3 GB RAM where Samsung Galaxy S5 has only 2 GB RAM.
The 13 MP camera with optical imaging stabilization looks impressively gorgeous on the display screen showing it similar to DSLR images. LG uses the technology meant to use in a vacuum cleaner robot and has infrared laser beam to measure the distance to the object.
LG keeps its focus on three main software features differentiating it from other smartphones.
1. Knock Code: Unlike the system of unlocking the phone on G2, G3 splits the phone's display into four quadrants to tap the code better than a typical numeric code.
2. Smart Notice: It is effective as that of Cortana or Siri and works as a reminder to do everything which Google Now lacks to do.
3. Smart Keyboard: It allows users to use the keyboard smartly by swiping up on the keyboard, holding down on the space bar and sliding left or right to move between letters.
Although it has a large screen and the radius is wide with 143.3 mm x 74.6 mm x 8.4 mm, it is comfortable in the hand as it has a smooth metallic skin and very light. It is difficult to use the keys on LG G3 as the sides of the phone have no buttons but once the grip is firm, it is not that difficult to get through the keys.
LG G3 is a premium Android device with an outstanding display and features that would reach to the top and kill some of the devices such as Samsung Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales