Can LG G3 Kill Samsung Galaxy S5?
By Naveena Joy | June 1, 2014 10:08 PM EST
With the launch of LG G3, the handset is set to pull many smartphones down with its attractive features and innovative technology.
LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are under tough competition as the former overpowers the latter with its high-end qualities. The first visible feature of LG G3 is its outstanding display screen considered better than any other Android manufacturer.
G3 comes with a 5.5-inch screen and 2560 x 1440 IPS LCD resolution and true Quad HD. The screen is brighter and attractive compared with Samsung's 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution on the 5.1-inch screen.
Both G3 and Galaxy S5 are powered by Qualcomm's quad core Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.5 GHz along with 16 GB or 32 GB storage capacity. LG G3 has an additional 2 GB or 3 GB RAM where Samsung Galaxy S5 has only 2 GB RAM.
The 13 MP camera with optical imaging stabilization looks impressively gorgeous on the display screen showing it similar to DSLR images. LG uses the technology meant to use in a vacuum cleaner robot and has infrared laser beam to measure the distance to the object.
LG keeps its focus on three main software features differentiating it from other smartphones.
1. Knock Code: Unlike the system of unlocking the phone on G2, G3 splits the phone's display into four quadrants to tap the code better than a typical numeric code.
2. Smart Notice: It is effective as that of Cortana or Siri and works as a reminder to do everything which Google Now lacks to do.
3. Smart Keyboard: It allows users to use the keyboard smartly by swiping up on the keyboard, holding down on the space bar and sliding left or right to move between letters.
Although it has a large screen and the radius is wide with 143.3 mm x 74.6 mm x 8.4 mm, it is comfortable in the hand as it has a smooth metallic skin and very light. It is difficult to use the keys on LG G3 as the sides of the phone have no buttons but once the grip is firm, it is not that difficult to get through the keys.
LG G3 is a premium Android device with an outstanding display and features that would reach to the top and kill some of the devices such as Samsung Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown