Can LG G3 Kill Samsung Galaxy S5?
By Naveena Joy | June 1, 2014 10:08 PM EST
With the launch of LG G3, the handset is set to pull many smartphones down with its attractive features and innovative technology.
LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 are under tough competition as the former overpowers the latter with its high-end qualities. The first visible feature of LG G3 is its outstanding display screen considered better than any other Android manufacturer.
G3 comes with a 5.5-inch screen and 2560 x 1440 IPS LCD resolution and true Quad HD. The screen is brighter and attractive compared with Samsung's 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution on the 5.1-inch screen.
Both G3 and Galaxy S5 are powered by Qualcomm's quad core Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.5 GHz along with 16 GB or 32 GB storage capacity. LG G3 has an additional 2 GB or 3 GB RAM where Samsung Galaxy S5 has only 2 GB RAM.
The 13 MP camera with optical imaging stabilization looks impressively gorgeous on the display screen showing it similar to DSLR images. LG uses the technology meant to use in a vacuum cleaner robot and has infrared laser beam to measure the distance to the object.
LG keeps its focus on three main software features differentiating it from other smartphones.
1. Knock Code: Unlike the system of unlocking the phone on G2, G3 splits the phone's display into four quadrants to tap the code better than a typical numeric code.
2. Smart Notice: It is effective as that of Cortana or Siri and works as a reminder to do everything which Google Now lacks to do.
3. Smart Keyboard: It allows users to use the keyboard smartly by swiping up on the keyboard, holding down on the space bar and sliding left or right to move between letters.
Although it has a large screen and the radius is wide with 143.3 mm x 74.6 mm x 8.4 mm, it is comfortable in the hand as it has a smooth metallic skin and very light. It is difficult to use the keys on LG G3 as the sides of the phone have no buttons but once the grip is firm, it is not that difficult to get through the keys.
LG G3 is a premium Android device with an outstanding display and features that would reach to the top and kill some of the devices such as Samsung Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy