Soccer News: Carles Puyol Joins Barcelona Front Office Team
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Former defender Carles Puyol is set to join Barcelona's technical staff and he will under current sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, a reliable source reported on Friday.
"I want to thank FC Barcelona for all that it has given me before and for this chance that has arisen now," Puyol said in the press release.
"I will try to the very best I can, and especially to learn a lot. I have always played football and tried to do so as well as possible, and I'll be doing the same with this. Now I need some time to rest and continue treatment on my knee, but I am really looking forward to it. I am very excited about this new stage of my life."
Zubizarreta stressed that Puyol will have a critical role in the team's front office from the marketing side of the business to players evaluation.
"Puyol is joining the Football Department and we will be seeking to exploit and learn from all of his experience. We also want people to realise how much he knows," Zubi said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage