Arsene Wenger Inks Three-Year Deal With Arsenal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Arsene Wenger will continue to stay as manager for Arsenal for at least three more seasons after agreeing to a contract extension, the manager confirmed on Friday.
"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support," he said. "The club has always shown faith in me and I'm very grateful for that.
"We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response."
"I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can."
Wenger, who guided Arsenal to its first FA Cup victory since 2006, said that his team will make a big splash in transfer period in their attempt to add more firepower to the team, the tactician said on Thursday.
"Yes," said Wenger when asked if Arsenal will have a busy summer via Goal.com. "What I can promise is that we work very hard on a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.
"But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I'm sure we can strengthen the team."
"It's time for another [great Arsenal team to emerge]. It's the start of a new team and I believe [the FA Cup] victory was crucial in that belief," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]