Arsene Wenger Inks Three-Year Deal With Arsenal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Arsene Wenger will continue to stay as manager for Arsenal for at least three more seasons after agreeing to a contract extension, the manager confirmed on Friday.
"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support," he said. "The club has always shown faith in me and I'm very grateful for that.
"We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response."
"I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can."
Wenger, who guided Arsenal to its first FA Cup victory since 2006, said that his team will make a big splash in transfer period in their attempt to add more firepower to the team, the tactician said on Thursday.
"Yes," said Wenger when asked if Arsenal will have a busy summer via Goal.com. "What I can promise is that we work very hard on a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.
"But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I'm sure we can strengthen the team."
"It's time for another [great Arsenal team to emerge]. It's the start of a new team and I believe [the FA Cup] victory was crucial in that belief," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored