Arsene Wenger Inks Three-Year Deal With Arsenal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Arsene Wenger will continue to stay as manager for Arsenal for at least three more seasons after agreeing to a contract extension, the manager confirmed on Friday.
"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support," he said. "The club has always shown faith in me and I'm very grateful for that.
"We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response."
"I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can."
Wenger, who guided Arsenal to its first FA Cup victory since 2006, said that his team will make a big splash in transfer period in their attempt to add more firepower to the team, the tactician said on Thursday.
"Yes," said Wenger when asked if Arsenal will have a busy summer via Goal.com. "What I can promise is that we work very hard on a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.
"But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I'm sure we can strengthen the team."
"It's time for another [great Arsenal team to emerge]. It's the start of a new team and I believe [the FA Cup] victory was crucial in that belief," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares