Arsene Wenger Inks Three-Year Deal With Arsenal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Arsene Wenger will continue to stay as manager for Arsenal for at least three more seasons after agreeing to a contract extension, the manager confirmed on Friday.
"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support," he said. "The club has always shown faith in me and I'm very grateful for that.
"We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response."
"I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can."
Wenger, who guided Arsenal to its first FA Cup victory since 2006, said that his team will make a big splash in transfer period in their attempt to add more firepower to the team, the tactician said on Thursday.
"Yes," said Wenger when asked if Arsenal will have a busy summer via Goal.com. "What I can promise is that we work very hard on a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.
"But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I'm sure we can strengthen the team."
"It's time for another [great Arsenal team to emerge]. It's the start of a new team and I believe [the FA Cup] victory was crucial in that belief," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced