Arsene Wenger Inks Three-Year Deal With Arsenal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Arsene Wenger will continue to stay as manager for Arsenal for at least three more seasons after agreeing to a contract extension, the manager confirmed on Friday.
"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support," he said. "The club has always shown faith in me and I'm very grateful for that.
"We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response."
"I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can."
Wenger, who guided Arsenal to its first FA Cup victory since 2006, said that his team will make a big splash in transfer period in their attempt to add more firepower to the team, the tactician said on Thursday.
"Yes," said Wenger when asked if Arsenal will have a busy summer via Goal.com. "What I can promise is that we work very hard on a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.
"But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I'm sure we can strengthen the team."
"It's time for another [great Arsenal team to emerge]. It's the start of a new team and I believe [the FA Cup] victory was crucial in that belief," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best