NBA News: Pacers Torn Over Lance Stephenson Future with Team
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Indiana Pacers shooting guard Lance Stephenson is expected to hit the free-agency market as a restricted free-agent, but some of his teammates aren't much concerned about the possibility of losing the young star.
Paul George, who is Stephenson draft classmate in 2010, sounded unsure if he wants to play with the mercurial guard again during a post-game press conference following a 117-92 Game 6 loss to the Miami Heat.
"I don't know. That's for Larry [Bird], Kevin Pritchard, for them to decide," George said of the Pacers' president of basketball operations and their general manager via ESPN.
However, veteran power forward David West believed Stephenson should not go anywhere but to stay with the Pacers, who were eliminated by the Heat for the third straight postseason.
"I think his future is with us," David West said. "He's a huge part of the progress that we made. He's a great young talent, and he fits with this group. Hopefully, we get him back."
Stephenson also wanted to stay in Indiana, but he stressed that it's not the right time to make a decision over his upcoming free-agency.
"I love it in Indiana, but right now, it's not the right time to talk about [free agency]," Stephenson said. "I don't think I act any way; I'm just very competitive. I don't ever back down to anyone. I know some of the stuff looks bad, but that's just my way of playing hard."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight