NBA News: Pacers Torn Over Lance Stephenson Future with Team
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Indiana Pacers shooting guard Lance Stephenson is expected to hit the free-agency market as a restricted free-agent, but some of his teammates aren't much concerned about the possibility of losing the young star.
Paul George, who is Stephenson draft classmate in 2010, sounded unsure if he wants to play with the mercurial guard again during a post-game press conference following a 117-92 Game 6 loss to the Miami Heat.
"I don't know. That's for Larry [Bird], Kevin Pritchard, for them to decide," George said of the Pacers' president of basketball operations and their general manager via ESPN.
However, veteran power forward David West believed Stephenson should not go anywhere but to stay with the Pacers, who were eliminated by the Heat for the third straight postseason.
"I think his future is with us," David West said. "He's a huge part of the progress that we made. He's a great young talent, and he fits with this group. Hopefully, we get him back."
Stephenson also wanted to stay in Indiana, but he stressed that it's not the right time to make a decision over his upcoming free-agency.
"I love it in Indiana, but right now, it's not the right time to talk about [free agency]," Stephenson said. "I don't think I act any way; I'm just very competitive. I don't ever back down to anyone. I know some of the stuff looks bad, but that's just my way of playing hard."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June