NBA News: Pacers Torn Over Lance Stephenson Future with Team
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Indiana Pacers shooting guard Lance Stephenson is expected to hit the free-agency market as a restricted free-agent, but some of his teammates aren't much concerned about the possibility of losing the young star.
Paul George, who is Stephenson draft classmate in 2010, sounded unsure if he wants to play with the mercurial guard again during a post-game press conference following a 117-92 Game 6 loss to the Miami Heat.
"I don't know. That's for Larry [Bird], Kevin Pritchard, for them to decide," George said of the Pacers' president of basketball operations and their general manager via ESPN.
However, veteran power forward David West believed Stephenson should not go anywhere but to stay with the Pacers, who were eliminated by the Heat for the third straight postseason.
"I think his future is with us," David West said. "He's a huge part of the progress that we made. He's a great young talent, and he fits with this group. Hopefully, we get him back."
Stephenson also wanted to stay in Indiana, but he stressed that it's not the right time to make a decision over his upcoming free-agency.
"I love it in Indiana, but right now, it's not the right time to talk about [free agency]," Stephenson said. "I don't think I act any way; I'm just very competitive. I don't ever back down to anyone. I know some of the stuff looks bad, but that's just my way of playing hard."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks