NBA News: Stephen Curry Shocked by Steve Kerr Quick Hiring
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Golden State Warriors sharpshooter Stephen Curry admitted he was a bit shocked by quick hiring of Steve Kerr as their next head coach, the All-Star shooting guard said in an interview with ESPN after receiving an NBA community assists award.
Curry said he didn't expect former head coach Mark Jackson to part ways with the organization after leading the team to second straight postseason appearance. Still, he's optimistic about the team's future and looks forward to what Kerr would bring to the table.
"There's no sugarcoating it -- it was a weird, expedited situation that we didn't see coming," Curry said. "And guys are human. You have to be able to adjust to it and have some time to respond. That's kind of what happened. I think we'll be fine once we have a clear picture of what's going on next year."
Moreover, Curry believed Kerr's arrival is just the start of a number of moves the Warriors are set to come up this offseason, as they look to become a serious championship contender next season.
"One thing I can say about this organization, they want to win," Curry said. "Each decision is geared toward winning. That's something that flies well with a lot of players -- that they're going to try to put us in the best position to win. Obviously, I had a certain opinion of Coach Jackson that they made a decision otherwise, and I heard the reasons, but I won't dwell on it.
"As long as we're focused on winning and taking advantage of the roster we have and the opportunity we have with this window to try to continue to get better, I'm just looking forward to next year and getting back to making that happen," Curry said. "I haven't lost faith in that at all. As much as I supported Coach Jackson and loved everything about playing for him, I think they're about winning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’