NBA News: Stephen Curry Shocked by Steve Kerr Quick Hiring
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Golden State Warriors sharpshooter Stephen Curry admitted he was a bit shocked by quick hiring of Steve Kerr as their next head coach, the All-Star shooting guard said in an interview with ESPN after receiving an NBA community assists award.
Curry said he didn't expect former head coach Mark Jackson to part ways with the organization after leading the team to second straight postseason appearance. Still, he's optimistic about the team's future and looks forward to what Kerr would bring to the table.
"There's no sugarcoating it -- it was a weird, expedited situation that we didn't see coming," Curry said. "And guys are human. You have to be able to adjust to it and have some time to respond. That's kind of what happened. I think we'll be fine once we have a clear picture of what's going on next year."
Moreover, Curry believed Kerr's arrival is just the start of a number of moves the Warriors are set to come up this offseason, as they look to become a serious championship contender next season.
"One thing I can say about this organization, they want to win," Curry said. "Each decision is geared toward winning. That's something that flies well with a lot of players -- that they're going to try to put us in the best position to win. Obviously, I had a certain opinion of Coach Jackson that they made a decision otherwise, and I heard the reasons, but I won't dwell on it.
"As long as we're focused on winning and taking advantage of the roster we have and the opportunity we have with this window to try to continue to get better, I'm just looking forward to next year and getting back to making that happen," Curry said. "I haven't lost faith in that at all. As much as I supported Coach Jackson and loved everything about playing for him, I think they're about winning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia