MLB News: Marines Sign Xavier Nady to Minor League Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 11:33 PM EST
The Seattle Mariners have agreed in principle with free agent outfielder Xavier Nady, who is expected to play for the team's Triple-A affiliate team, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Though he would have to earn his spot in the Triple-A, the Mariners hope Nady would help them solve their weakness against left-handed pitchers this season.
"Nady will likely join the club's Triple-A affiliate in hopes of earning a call-up. Should that occur, he would offer an outfield option to slot in against opposing southpaws for a club that has struggled in that department. (Seattle's outfielders have mustered only a .273 wOBA and 70 wRC+ against lefties, as a unit.)," according to Bob Dutton of Tacoma News Tribune via MLB Rumors.
Nady might already have passed his prime but he's still solid batter against left-handed pitchers, carrying a career 112 wRC+ against opposite-handed hitters (against a 93 wRC+ against righties). Last season, Nady put up a .879 OPS in 135 plate appearances against lefties.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity