NBA News: Chris Bosh Interested to Stay With Miami Heat
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 10:17 PM EST
All-Star power forward/center Chris Bosh has expressed his interest to stay with the Miami Heat, despite rumors that he's going to leave the franchise when he becomes a free-agent this offseason.
Bosh, who averaged 16.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game this season, said he might opt in for the final year of the deal which could pay him around $20.59 million next season.
"Yeah, I mean, I don't want to go anywhere," Bosh said. "I like it here. It's Miami. Everybody wants to come here. Yeah."
"Bosh has an early termination option worth $20.59MM for next season, and he can opt out and sign a new contract that guarantees more salary over the long term than called for in his current deal, which covers two more seasons."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider