Huawei Ascend P6 Android 4.4 KitKat Guide: July ETA and When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 10:14 PM EST
Android smartphone manufacturers have been taking a while before they can complete their Android 4.4 KitKat. Previously, Huawei promised that it will start rolling out the over-the-air version of the software to its Huawei's Ascend P6. The release did not follow through until March although it was only limited to domestic users. Following the March release, the company promised that international users will soon be experiencing the Android 4.4 KitKat but that has not materialized until now.
Huawei cyber-security centre in Oxfordshire is to be investigated by British government. (Credit: Reuters)
A number of reports pointed to a June release. However, that may not push through as well. According to a report The Droid Guy, Huawei will be changing the timeline again. The company will likely release the Android 4.4 KitKat update around early July. The report is also supported by details posted on the Beta Tester part of OEM's German website.
Users may have to wait until the company rolls out the firmware finally. It will be hard to expect the over the air release until the company actually does proceed with it. The Droid Guy also pointed out that the company's P6 offering is getting old already. Thus, the update should come soon to the device. Huawei's Ascend P6 features 4.7-inch 720p display and runs on quad-core K3V2 chip.
On the other end of the spectrum, many analysts are looking into another Huawei offering, the Huawei Ascend P7. According to reports, the device can compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8. The Huawei Ascend P7 comes with a 5.0 inch 1080 x 1920 display offering a pixel density of 321ppi. The display is sharper and bigger compared to the P6. It runs on 1.8 GHz quad-core HiSilicon Kirin 910T processor with 2GB RAM. The device also comes with a 13MP primary camera sporting Sony BSI sensor. It also runs on 2500 mAh battery offering up to 14 hours of talk time and 422 hours of standby time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery