'Mass Effect 4' Release Date Update Before E3 Trailer
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 31, 2014 9:12 PM EST
EA is having a killer 2014 so far after having the smashing success of "Titanfall." Now, all signs point to an even brighter future for the company after the E3 press event, wherein it is expected to deliver some of the most talked about games of the new console era.
"Titanfall DLC" and "Star Wars: Battlefront" will be huge names but there is one game that stands out from the rest and put EA over the top in the eyes of gamers, the "Mass Effect 4."
Although "Mass Effect" did not exactly end things well during its third installation in 2012, Bioware atoned for its narrative sins with a number of slick DLC and is now giving the same treatment as it did "Dragon Age: Inquisition. Now, a "Mass Effect 4" trailer is guaranteed to come at this year's E3.
There will be no Commander Shepard in the next "Mass Effect" game and Bioware is set to take a new direction with a new story that will touch on anything experienced by commander Shepard in the "Mass Effect" trilogy.
"We have agreed to tell a story that doesn't relate necessarily to any of the Shepard events at all, whatsoever," writer Mac Walters told Complex. "It can't just feel like a spin-off. It has to feel like a Mass Effect game at its heart, at its core. Just without the Shepard character or the Shepard specific companions."
On the other hand, familiar faces in the E3 reveal trailer is not expected, granted that Bioware team has jumped into the idea of creating a killer Garrus spin-off.
Similar to the "Dragon Age: Inquisition," the new "Mass Effect 4" will be reaping the benefits of EA DICE studio. Fans can take comfort in knowing that the upcoming "Mass Effect" will score the same gorgeous visuals from the Frostbite 3.0 engine, which was confirmed by Bioware GM Aaryn Flyyn on Twitter.
"Thinking of the next Mass Effect game as Mass Effect 4 would imply a certain linearity, a straight evolution of the gameplay and story of the first three games," claimed studio direct Yanick Roy. "That doesn't mean that events of the first three games and the choices you made won't get recognized, but they likely won't be what this new story will focus on."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]