'Dragon Quest 8' iOS: Best Old Dragon Quest Coming on iPhone and iPad
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 31, 2014 8:22 PM EST
"Dragon Quest VII" coming for the iPhone and iPad? Yes, it is very possible! One of the top and leading JRPGs of the PS2 generation will be soon available on mobile phone sometime in the near future, which gives JRPGs' fans something to be excited about. "Dragon Quest VIII" it is not just a regular pre-HD era Squeenix RPG. It is something Final Fantasy doesn't have in years: charm.
A staff member sets up the new iPhone 5Ss for a display picture at Apple Inc's announcement event in Beijing, September 11, 2013. Apple Inc's millions of Chinese fans will celebrate the near-simultaneous launch of the latest iPhone in China and the United States, but one group will have little to cheer - the smugglers. An early launch of Apple's latest smartphone in China is expected to stifle a thriving grey market worth billions of dollars a year built around smuggling from Hong Kong, where in the past the U.S. tech giant's gadgets have gone on sale months before they reach official channels in the mainland. REUTERS/Jason Lee
Kotaku spread the "Dragon Quest VIII" for iOS news when it saw the game on the New Zealand iTunes store. As of now, the game is already out in New Zealand. It appears that it is an early test market for Apple. And it assures that Squeenix will take it Stateside sooner or later. The game is already done and ready to be released but it still needs to be localised from New Zealand, which it doesn't. Maybe the reason why Square Enix only released it on New Zealand is maybe because they are testing pricing, marketing, the release window and then maybe sometime in the future it will already be released in the whole world.
As a matter of fact, "Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King" was first available in the United States way back 2005 and it was the first Dragon Quest game to garner a really huge launch push in the U.S. That is why the game is remembered and it is surprisingly amazing.
The goals of this game are to highlight simplicity and to amaze players over a complex plot and deep characters. It seems classic. More like a bit of legends, somewhat like fairy tale. It looks very old-school all around. But the main concern here is that how well and fast will it operate with iPad or iPhone controls. But then again, Squeenix is professional in this kind of things, as long as they aren't changing the graphics, the will be just fine.
Thus far, let's just wait and see what the "Dragon Quest VIII" for iOS has in store for us when it hit the shelves in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members