Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Android 4.4 KitKat Guide: Europe Release and What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Samsung never did settle for just one type of flagship. Every product line it releases has to come out in several editions. It should come as no surprise if the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have different editions. AT&T already released the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active edition whereas the Galaxy S5 Prime has been spotted on several sites already. This time, it appears Samsung is not yet finished with its S4 series - the company quietly released the S5 Value Edition starting in Europe.
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Belsimpel has issued a listing featuring the Galaxy S4 Value Edition. According to the smartphone retailer, the device starts around EUR 398 or $543. The major difference between the latest Galaxy S4 and the original flagship is the operating system. The Value Edition runs on Android 4.4 KitKat whereas the original S4 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
The back cover of the S4 Value Edition is also comparatively different from the original S4. Apart from those, it appears Samsung has not changed much of the features according to Tech Times.
According to a listing under Belsimple: "The Samsung i9515 Galaxy S4 Value Edition Silver is the newer version of the regular Samsung Galaxy S4." The site also describes the device with a 5.0-inch screen offering high resolution with 1920 x 1080 pixels. The silver color scheme of the interface offers a chicer appeal. Other features include Bluetooth connectivity and A-GPS.
At the moment, Samsung offers S4 Value Edition in two colors: white and gray. The Korean tech giant has not clarified whether the device will also find its way to other markets like the United States. Other specs of the device include:
- Quad-core 1.9GHz Krait 300 CPU, Adreno 320 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB.64GB of storage
- 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED Gorilla Glass 3 touchscreen
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera with 1080p video recording
- 2600 mAh battery
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight