Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs HTC One Mini 2: Specs Comparison
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Both Samsung and HTC have been gearing up for the release of their mini flagship variants: the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and HTC One Mini 2. With their flagship devices earning positive market response, who will perform better in the mini variant sector? Can Samsung experience the same adoption rate from the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship or can HTC become a contender?
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
Screen and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will feature a 4.5-inch screen. This is larger compared to the 4.3-inch screen of the Galaxy S4 Mini. The S5 Mini will also have a display and resolution technology featuring Super AMOLED display with Super AMOLED display and 326ppi.
The HTC One Mini 2, on other hand, will have a similar screen size at 4.5 inches. It will also offer 720p HD display 720p HD display complete with a premium-looking aluminum chassis.
Software and Hardware
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will reportedly run on a quad core processor complete with 1.5GB RAM and 16MB internal storage. It will also feature Android 4.4 KitKat. The operating system will come with the standard Samsung Touchwiz UI available in the original S5. The device will also have an improved battery life with 2100 mAh. Other reported features include an IR blaster, Bluetooth v 4.0 connectivity, NFC and Wi Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n. There are no details yet about the final chipset that Samsung will go for though analysts think it will be a Snapdragon 400 with dual processor clocked 1.7 GHz plus Andreno GPU of 305.
According to Know Your Mobile, the HTC One Mini 2, on other hand, will ship with Android 4.4 KitKat including HTC's new Sense 6 UX. Other features include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz along with 1GB RAM.
Both Samsung and HTC have yet to make an official announcement about the final features of the devices including their official release date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight