Ariana Grande Unveils New 'Problem' Music Video [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 31, 2014 3:25 PM EST
After teasing her fans for the upcoming music video of her new single "Problem," Ariana Grande is finally releasing the highly-anticipated video today. Featuring Big Sean and Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, "Problem" is the first single of her still untitled second album written by Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ily.
An up-tempo pop and R&B song, the single comprises a melody based on sax loops, drums and trumpets as it talks about "the feeling of being absolutely terrified to re-approach a relationship that's gone sour -- but you want to more than anything".
Azalea recently spoke with MTV what it was like to work with the "Sam & Cat" star and she only have good things to tell about her. "She's super sweet, and she has an amazing voice and she's a great girl to work with," she said in an interview.
Since its premiere at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards, the song managed to climb the number three spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Selling 438,000 copies in its first week, the single earned Grande her biggest digital song sales week ever surpassing her hit song "The Way."
"Problems'" success is not just in the U.S., the song performed very well in New Zealand, claiming the country's Top 40 Singles Chart. Grande's collaboration with Max Martin paid off so well that the single even reached the top five in other countries, including Canada, Australia, Greece and Denmark.
"The saxophone-filled track continues the pattern set by Grande's 2013 debut album Yours Truly by being heavily influenced by the '90s R&B scene," Music Times' review. "This time, 'Problem' pulls from the funky, funky streets with a jazz-influenced riff. An overwhelming (but welcome) dose of saxophone leads the song before the more modern drum-filled beat drops."
To hype up the fans for her video, the 20-year-old power vocalist started tweeting out #problemvideofriday on May 28, Tuesday, to her massive Twitter followers. Thursday, the after she tweeted, the hashtag is already trending.
"My lovesss..... u are amazing. i can't wait for u to see. i love u," she wrote thanking her fans for their support. To give her fans a sneak view of the video, she posted a photo of her lying on a black & white pinwheel, set in a giant pink square.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff