Ariana Grande Unveils New 'Problem' Music Video [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 31, 2014 3:25 PM EST
After teasing her fans for the upcoming music video of her new single "Problem," Ariana Grande is finally releasing the highly-anticipated video today. Featuring Big Sean and Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, "Problem" is the first single of her still untitled second album written by Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ily.
An up-tempo pop and R&B song, the single comprises a melody based on sax loops, drums and trumpets as it talks about "the feeling of being absolutely terrified to re-approach a relationship that's gone sour -- but you want to more than anything".
Azalea recently spoke with MTV what it was like to work with the "Sam & Cat" star and she only have good things to tell about her. "She's super sweet, and she has an amazing voice and she's a great girl to work with," she said in an interview.
Since its premiere at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards, the song managed to climb the number three spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Selling 438,000 copies in its first week, the single earned Grande her biggest digital song sales week ever surpassing her hit song "The Way."
"Problems'" success is not just in the U.S., the song performed very well in New Zealand, claiming the country's Top 40 Singles Chart. Grande's collaboration with Max Martin paid off so well that the single even reached the top five in other countries, including Canada, Australia, Greece and Denmark.
"The saxophone-filled track continues the pattern set by Grande's 2013 debut album Yours Truly by being heavily influenced by the '90s R&B scene," Music Times' review. "This time, 'Problem' pulls from the funky, funky streets with a jazz-influenced riff. An overwhelming (but welcome) dose of saxophone leads the song before the more modern drum-filled beat drops."
To hype up the fans for her video, the 20-year-old power vocalist started tweeting out #problemvideofriday on May 28, Tuesday, to her massive Twitter followers. Thursday, the after she tweeted, the hashtag is already trending.
"My lovesss..... u are amazing. i can't wait for u to see. i love u," she wrote thanking her fans for their support. To give her fans a sneak view of the video, she posted a photo of her lying on a black & white pinwheel, set in a giant pink square.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money