Ariana Grande Unveils New 'Problem' Music Video [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 31, 2014 3:25 PM EST
After teasing her fans for the upcoming music video of her new single "Problem," Ariana Grande is finally releasing the highly-anticipated video today. Featuring Big Sean and Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, "Problem" is the first single of her still untitled second album written by Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ily.
An up-tempo pop and R&B song, the single comprises a melody based on sax loops, drums and trumpets as it talks about "the feeling of being absolutely terrified to re-approach a relationship that's gone sour -- but you want to more than anything".
Azalea recently spoke with MTV what it was like to work with the "Sam & Cat" star and she only have good things to tell about her. "She's super sweet, and she has an amazing voice and she's a great girl to work with," she said in an interview.
Since its premiere at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards, the song managed to climb the number three spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Selling 438,000 copies in its first week, the single earned Grande her biggest digital song sales week ever surpassing her hit song "The Way."
"Problems'" success is not just in the U.S., the song performed very well in New Zealand, claiming the country's Top 40 Singles Chart. Grande's collaboration with Max Martin paid off so well that the single even reached the top five in other countries, including Canada, Australia, Greece and Denmark.
"The saxophone-filled track continues the pattern set by Grande's 2013 debut album Yours Truly by being heavily influenced by the '90s R&B scene," Music Times' review. "This time, 'Problem' pulls from the funky, funky streets with a jazz-influenced riff. An overwhelming (but welcome) dose of saxophone leads the song before the more modern drum-filled beat drops."
To hype up the fans for her video, the 20-year-old power vocalist started tweeting out #problemvideofriday on May 28, Tuesday, to her massive Twitter followers. Thursday, the after she tweeted, the hashtag is already trending.
"My lovesss..... u are amazing. i can't wait for u to see. i love u," she wrote thanking her fans for their support. To give her fans a sneak view of the video, she posted a photo of her lying on a black & white pinwheel, set in a giant pink square.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date