Ariana Grande Unveils New 'Problem' Music Video [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 31, 2014 3:25 PM EST
After teasing her fans for the upcoming music video of her new single "Problem," Ariana Grande is finally releasing the highly-anticipated video today. Featuring Big Sean and Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, "Problem" is the first single of her still untitled second album written by Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ily.
An up-tempo pop and R&B song, the single comprises a melody based on sax loops, drums and trumpets as it talks about "the feeling of being absolutely terrified to re-approach a relationship that's gone sour -- but you want to more than anything".
Azalea recently spoke with MTV what it was like to work with the "Sam & Cat" star and she only have good things to tell about her. "She's super sweet, and she has an amazing voice and she's a great girl to work with," she said in an interview.
Since its premiere at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards, the song managed to climb the number three spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Selling 438,000 copies in its first week, the single earned Grande her biggest digital song sales week ever surpassing her hit song "The Way."
"Problems'" success is not just in the U.S., the song performed very well in New Zealand, claiming the country's Top 40 Singles Chart. Grande's collaboration with Max Martin paid off so well that the single even reached the top five in other countries, including Canada, Australia, Greece and Denmark.
"The saxophone-filled track continues the pattern set by Grande's 2013 debut album Yours Truly by being heavily influenced by the '90s R&B scene," Music Times' review. "This time, 'Problem' pulls from the funky, funky streets with a jazz-influenced riff. An overwhelming (but welcome) dose of saxophone leads the song before the more modern drum-filled beat drops."
To hype up the fans for her video, the 20-year-old power vocalist started tweeting out #problemvideofriday on May 28, Tuesday, to her massive Twitter followers. Thursday, the after she tweeted, the hashtag is already trending.
"My lovesss..... u are amazing. i can't wait for u to see. i love u," she wrote thanking her fans for their support. To give her fans a sneak view of the video, she posted a photo of her lying on a black & white pinwheel, set in a giant pink square.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’