NFL News: Seahawks Extend Doug Baldwin Contract Through 2016
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:13 PM EST
The Seattle Seahawks signed wide receiver Doug Baldwin to a three-year deal worth at least $16 million, the team announced on Friday.
After helping the Seahawks win the Super Bowl last season, the 25-year old Baldwin is expected to stick around for three seasons, with a new contract that could pay him $19.5 million if milestones are reached.
"The final piece of the offseason puzzle for the Seahawks was secured Thursday morning when receiver Doug Baldwin agreed to a contract extension that will keep him in Seattle through the 2016 season. Baldwin's new deal will pay him a minimum of $16 million over three years and possible $19.5 million overall if achievable bonuses are reached," ESPN reported on Friday.
According to ESPN NFL analyst Terry Blunt, the Seahawks front office was successful in keeping their championship core by signing Baldwin, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and possibly quarterback Russell Wilson, who is poised to become the highest-paid player on the roster.
"And with his signing, the Seahawks' brain trust has done what it wanted to do to secure the future after winning the Super Bowl: keep the nucleus of a championship organization while maintaining enough room in the salary cap for what's ahead," ESPN analyst stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues