NFL News: Seahawks Extend Doug Baldwin Contract Through 2016
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:13 PM EST
The Seattle Seahawks signed wide receiver Doug Baldwin to a three-year deal worth at least $16 million, the team announced on Friday.
After helping the Seahawks win the Super Bowl last season, the 25-year old Baldwin is expected to stick around for three seasons, with a new contract that could pay him $19.5 million if milestones are reached.
"The final piece of the offseason puzzle for the Seahawks was secured Thursday morning when receiver Doug Baldwin agreed to a contract extension that will keep him in Seattle through the 2016 season. Baldwin's new deal will pay him a minimum of $16 million over three years and possible $19.5 million overall if achievable bonuses are reached," ESPN reported on Friday.
According to ESPN NFL analyst Terry Blunt, the Seahawks front office was successful in keeping their championship core by signing Baldwin, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and possibly quarterback Russell Wilson, who is poised to become the highest-paid player on the roster.
"And with his signing, the Seahawks' brain trust has done what it wanted to do to secure the future after winning the Super Bowl: keep the nucleus of a championship organization while maintaining enough room in the salary cap for what's ahead," ESPN analyst stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar