MLB News: Joey Votto Nears Return After Announced Day to Day
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Cincinnati Reds slugger Joey Votto is expected to come off disabled list after he was announced day-to-day. However, there's no accurate timetable when he's scheduled to make his return on the field, the team stated on Friday.
In an interview with Cincinnati Enquirer, Reds manager Brian Price said it's going to be a day-to-day process for Votto as he looks to play again after suffering a strained left quadriceps.
"He's been out for a while," Price told the Cincinnati Enquirer via ESPN. "He hasn't seen live pitching. The protocols moving ahead are undecided. It really is a day-to-day process."
"He had two things to deal with: Some soreness and the second part is a fairly significant strength deficit in his quad. We've gotten most of the pain out of his knee and the limitations that go with that. He's really working on strengthening now.
Votto, who is batting .257 with six home runs and 12 RBIs this season, is already taking ground balls during practice and could start taking live batting practices in a matter of days.
"We want to sign off on it," Price told the Enquirer. "We want to be able to see what he's able to do. It doesn't necessarily have to be my eyes. We're going to want Dr. [Tim] Kremchek and the strength and conditioning people to sign off on his readiness.
"We've got to do that without having any concern that he's going to have any re-injury or setback. That's probably a more accurate assessment of where he's at."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet