MLB News: Joey Votto Nears Return After Announced Day to Day
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Cincinnati Reds slugger Joey Votto is expected to come off disabled list after he was announced day-to-day. However, there's no accurate timetable when he's scheduled to make his return on the field, the team stated on Friday.
In an interview with Cincinnati Enquirer, Reds manager Brian Price said it's going to be a day-to-day process for Votto as he looks to play again after suffering a strained left quadriceps.
"He's been out for a while," Price told the Cincinnati Enquirer via ESPN. "He hasn't seen live pitching. The protocols moving ahead are undecided. It really is a day-to-day process."
"He had two things to deal with: Some soreness and the second part is a fairly significant strength deficit in his quad. We've gotten most of the pain out of his knee and the limitations that go with that. He's really working on strengthening now.
Votto, who is batting .257 with six home runs and 12 RBIs this season, is already taking ground balls during practice and could start taking live batting practices in a matter of days.
"We want to sign off on it," Price told the Enquirer. "We want to be able to see what he's able to do. It doesn't necessarily have to be my eyes. We're going to want Dr. [Tim] Kremchek and the strength and conditioning people to sign off on his readiness.
"We've got to do that without having any concern that he's going to have any re-injury or setback. That's probably a more accurate assessment of where he's at."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch