NFL News: Cowboys Begins Contract Extension Talks With Dez Bryant
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Dallas Cowboys have already started their negotiation in keeping Pro Bowl wide receiver Dez Bryant in fold for more seasons, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones announced on Friday.
In an interview with local radio station, Jones expressed his desire to strike a deal with Bryant as soon as possible. The Cowboys executive added that he's looking to present a structure that would give both parties a win-win result.
"We're certainly taking a long look at that," Jones said on 1310 The Ticket [KTCK-AM] via Dallas Cowboys Sports Blog. "As we do with any great player in our organization who's nearing the end of a contract, we start to look at it and see how we might structure something going forward. I think that's a possibility, yes."
Bryant, on the other hand, also confirmed that contract negotiation with his current team has already began, though he didn't provide his asking price for his next deal.
"As far as from the receiver standpoint, of course I feel like I'm one of the better receivers in this league," Bryant said Wednesday. "When it comes to that contract, I'm going to sit back and wait and see what happens."
The 25-year old Bryant caught 93 passes for 1,233 yards and 13 touchdowns, becoming a Pro Bowl for the first time in his career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide