NFL News: Cowboys Begins Contract Extension Talks With Dez Bryant
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Dallas Cowboys have already started their negotiation in keeping Pro Bowl wide receiver Dez Bryant in fold for more seasons, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones announced on Friday.
In an interview with local radio station, Jones expressed his desire to strike a deal with Bryant as soon as possible. The Cowboys executive added that he's looking to present a structure that would give both parties a win-win result.
"We're certainly taking a long look at that," Jones said on 1310 The Ticket [KTCK-AM] via Dallas Cowboys Sports Blog. "As we do with any great player in our organization who's nearing the end of a contract, we start to look at it and see how we might structure something going forward. I think that's a possibility, yes."
Bryant, on the other hand, also confirmed that contract negotiation with his current team has already began, though he didn't provide his asking price for his next deal.
"As far as from the receiver standpoint, of course I feel like I'm one of the better receivers in this league," Bryant said Wednesday. "When it comes to that contract, I'm going to sit back and wait and see what happens."
The 25-year old Bryant caught 93 passes for 1,233 yards and 13 touchdowns, becoming a Pro Bowl for the first time in his career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia