NFL News: Cowboys Begins Contract Extension Talks With Dez Bryant
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Dallas Cowboys have already started their negotiation in keeping Pro Bowl wide receiver Dez Bryant in fold for more seasons, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones announced on Friday.
In an interview with local radio station, Jones expressed his desire to strike a deal with Bryant as soon as possible. The Cowboys executive added that he's looking to present a structure that would give both parties a win-win result.
"We're certainly taking a long look at that," Jones said on 1310 The Ticket [KTCK-AM] via Dallas Cowboys Sports Blog. "As we do with any great player in our organization who's nearing the end of a contract, we start to look at it and see how we might structure something going forward. I think that's a possibility, yes."
Bryant, on the other hand, also confirmed that contract negotiation with his current team has already began, though he didn't provide his asking price for his next deal.
"As far as from the receiver standpoint, of course I feel like I'm one of the better receivers in this league," Bryant said Wednesday. "When it comes to that contract, I'm going to sit back and wait and see what happens."
The 25-year old Bryant caught 93 passes for 1,233 yards and 13 touchdowns, becoming a Pro Bowl for the first time in his career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy