MLB News: Seattle Marines Likely Destination for Matt Kemp
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:11 PM EST
The Los Angeles Dodgers could make a move to trade struggling slugger Matt Kemp, who has become a liability both on offense and defense for the team, ESPN MLB analyst David Schoenfield reported.
After being sidelined for majority of the past two seasons with injuries, Kemp is performing woefully at the plate as he's batting .248 with 5 homers and 13 RBIs midway into the season.
Moreover, Kemp hasn't been sharp defensively at center field, forcing manager Don Mattingly to put him at left field while Andre Ethier gets the center field duty.
"It's a little different, but I'm just excited to be able to go out and play," Kemp told ESPN LA's Mark Saxon. "The angles and slices and all that are different, but I'll figure it out. I just have to go get the ball wherever they slice them. I think I'm still a pretty good athlete, so I think I'll be OK."
With this struggle, Schoenfield believed it's about time for the Dodgers to put Kemp on the trading block, with the Seattle Mariners likely a favorable destination.
"Kemp is hitting .255/.317/.438 and there's little doubt that if he was hitting like he did in his MVP runner-up season of 2011 Mattingly would live with his deficiencies on defense. But he isn't and they can't and Andre Ethier gets the time in center for now and while Kemp is going to say all the right things you know he isn't the happiest of ballplayers these days," Schoenfield stated.
"So, should the Dodgers trade Kemp? It makes a lot of sense and the Mariners are the team that should take a chance that Kemp, who turns 30 in September, still has a lot of good baseball left in him."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28